Thread: cool tip

cool tip

Hey I found this the other day. If you get the IP of a printer, u can telnet into port 9100 of it, and type anything you want, and Ctrl+"]" bracket at the same time to end it. Then the printer will print what u typed in! Its because everything in port 9100 the printer tries to read as a printing job. Awesome to play pranks with

you can use Net Cat to send entire text docs or program output to the printer this way.

i recently as a joke used this port on a dell 6100n and a little more Printer Control Language (PCL) to change the "ready" indicator to read "deposit 25 cents".

it was meant to amuse one woman that sits by the printer but when a VP came by to pick up a doc and thought he had to put in a quater to get it, he swore out lowd (son of ahhhh...), threw his clip board on the ground and began digging in his pockets.... i almost died.

the woman by the printer told him not to worry she'll get it for him. i quickly changed it back.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Re: cool tip

Originally posted here by punk-kid
    Hey I found this the other day. If you get the IP of a printer, u can telnet into port 9100 of it, and type anything you want, and Ctrl+"]" bracket at the same time to end it. Then the printer will print what u typed in! Its because everything in port 9100 the printer tries to read as a printing job. Awesome to play pranks with
    This is actually a problem when you try to scan a network with vuln analysis tools. Many tools have removed port 9100 from the scan because when you prob it, it will print.

nmap is one that comes to mind immediately. port 9100 is excluded from the scan unless you specifically include it.

http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/384
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

With netcat? how'd you send a doc with nc?