Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: North Korean Nukes

North Korean Nukes

So, what do you think will happen to North Korea? South Korea has been hostage for quite some time, and now is in an even worse position. Obviously, Kim needs to be taken out. The only question is, is the world willing to gamble with South Korea's life--and will it be forced to?
    \"Greatness only comes at great risk.\" ~ Personal/Generic

Nothing. Absolutely nothing would happen. Unless China and Japan decide to do some brow beating. But then again north korea aint no taiwan.

btw, a south korean politician is suppose to take over from kofi annan at the UN

a twist in the tail is always welcome. (pun intended)
    Hindsight is an exact science.
    MudBubble

there are the poor Korean people starving in filth and squalar and this dick head blows billions of dollars to be a punk.

he just blew about 13% of his piss poor arsonel. let him test a few more. he will not be getting the forign aid to build more.

he really cant do anything but piss people off with his 'nukes'. it would take a huge transport plain to carry one and with the forces against hm that's really no worry at all.

cut off all aid then see how happy his people are with him for being contempetous as they eat dirt.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

This whole messed up situation.... *sigh* I would _almost_ say let mutually assured destuction work and give Japan and South Korea the Bomb.
    THAT would be a mess indead.

I'm sure that China doesn't want an arms race to erupt, and am kind of surprised that they didn't stop this. Now Japan is going to have cause to pursue the Bomb, and I gaurantee that China does not want that.
    The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool - Good Ole Bill Shakespeare

Originally posted here by dmorgan
    This whole messed up situation.... *sigh* I would _almost_ say let mutually assured destuction work and give Japan and South Korea the Bomb.
    THAT would be a mess indead.

I'm sure that China doesn't want an arms race to erupt, and am kind of surprised that they didn't stop this. Now Japan is going to have cause to pursue the Bomb, and I gaurantee that China does not want that.
    We have a rather large base in Japan....you can be sure there are 'real' nukes there and if the japanese decide to go that route you can be sure they wont make any 24 ton 11 kiloton firecrackers. they'll be small and precision instruments of destruction with megatons of strength...another glass countryside comming. Kim dong Ill and mama ima dinnajacket ...cast forever in glass.
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Banned
    I'm going to bet on the other option: as usual, nothing will happen

IF something big happens, I'll pick up my weapon and defend my wife and children...

I forgot to mention that nothing is going to happen, as usual

And I forgot again to add that nothing ever will!

Well,

With the greatest respect, might I suggest that this is a "cry for help"?

North Korea has no natural energy resources............letting off a few nukes does call some attention................as is witnessed by its mention on a computer security site?

I don't think that they have much capacity for hydro-electric power, and I have no idea regarding wind potential.

To put it bluntly, it looks like blackmail to me..........................but I tend to look at a people, rather than their self appointed governments..............

We don't all have democracies?

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    In societies, people get the government they deserve.

While external intervention may depose a dictator or two, the surest way for a people to be succesful is to have self determination. If the people of North Korea want a democracy, they will have a democracy. Very few dictators have retirement plans.

Unfortunately some societies are not ready for democracy, we should not force it down their throats.

The nations of the world should be ready to aid the people of North Korea if they take that step, but they should be taking that step.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

China, missed an opportunity here and will have lost face...they should be allowed to rectify this issue, but in the meantime the world community should hold the 2008 Olympics over their head.

Rest assured, losing the Olympics through a world boycott would devestate Chinese self importance on the world stage, so be prepared for this angle to start getting some attention.

Also, China and Russia, need to get off of their collective stupidness and stop vetoing the security council measures that are put forth to sanction Iran/N.Korea.

I don't get their hesitation, unless it's because they are knee deep in providing materials to these two countries and need the $. China shouldn't need the $, but Russia? well as long as the criminals control the Kremlin, they will always need the $.

The scary thing about N.Korea is what are they providing Iran?
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Yeah now's a bad time to be living in any part of asia.

What would happen to NKorea? Anexed to the south? Reunite the nation under the southern government? Would China zergling rush with their massive army, and take NKorea like they took Tibet? Amerika invades for the oil? The world is a mess!
    Hi.