Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help: dealing with unwanted users on WIFI

I dont know where you two came up with wireless... sounds to me like he has a cable modem connected directly to two computers. cheyenne has the right idea telling you to get a router. This will at least provide a level of routing to help protect you.

As far as RDP that is not installed on anything newer than XP (outside server OS). So you dont need to worry about disabling that. Until you purchase a router I would at least install some software based firewalls. If you do a search on this site it will provide you with a list of firewalls. try Zone Alarm or something else.
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Dead Man Walking
    Sorry my brain checked itself at the dooor this morning. I saw laptop and the wireless light blinked on in my head. Having removed my head from my 4$$ I will concur with the rest of the general postings on this thread : get a router and a firewall

EDIT: realized what made me think wireless. The title of the thread.

He must of changed it. Last night the title was " HELP!!!"

This morning it was what it is now.
    =

yeah Zombie, I looked at the title just now after looking at the main page and realize what you and phish saw... piss poor title for not having anything that I can see to do with wireless? ohh well Happy Hump day
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Dead Man Walking
    The only other thing I can think of is: if the comp's he is using have wirelss enabled he could be seeing connections to another wireless network in the area. Then all you have to do is go in through control panel and disable the wireless card if it isnt in use.

Possible, but it sounds more like hes seeing other computers thats on the same node as he is for cable.

Thats the one thing I don't like about cable, far less insecure than something like DSL.
    =

Dead Man Walking
    Not saying your wrong cheyenne but I havent seen that happen with my cable company. Meh....maybe with others. I dont know