Thread: Tacoda

Tacoda

Hi there,

I have gotten a little bugger called "tacoda" on me system, ewido picks it up, deletes it, then after a reboot it is back again. I did this all in safe mode and still the thing won't go. I've looked in add and remove programs to see if it is something I unwittingly downloaded, but no.

Any ideas?

Pronto Frootball
    Sarcasm is a way of life

Google is your friend:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search

From the looks of it, it's only a cookie:

http://www.nuker.com/container/details/tacoda.php

Probably being placed on your system by an ad on a website your regularly visit.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

At least we all know who's single and looking.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

Greeting's

If you use XP then you can disable system restore and run a scan and delete the malware.
    Parth Maniar,
    CISSP, CISM, CISA, SSCP

*Thank you GOD*

Greater the Difficulty, SWEETER the Victory.

Believe in yourself.

Re: Tacoda

Originally posted here by JonnyFrond
    Hi there,

I have gotten a little bugger called "tacoda" on me system, ewido picks it up, deletes it, then after a reboot it is back again. I did this all in safe mode and still the thing won't go. I've looked in add and remove programs to see if it is something I unwittingly downloaded, but no.

Any ideas?

Pronto Frootball
    TACODA - Where the people are

Cookie Statement

How TACODA Uses Cookies to Improve Online Advertising

For many, the term "online advertising" congers up images of Web pages cluttered with "irrelevant ads" and "annoying" offers. To these individuals, this clutter creates a less than desirable online experience.

TACODA believes your online experience can be better and we are working with hundreds of name brand Web sites and advertisers to deliver ads that offer greater relevance to those who access the Internet.

How Does TACODA Improve Online Advertising?

TACODA Audience Networks?offers premium, branded Web sites, such as NYTimes.com, Hoovers.com and Foodnetwork.com. Relying on this anonymous data, we work with our partners to deliver ads that are likely to offer greater relevance to an individual consumer based on his or her previous Web behavior.

How Does this Work in Practice?

If you have visited a participating TACODA Web site and viewed golf-related content, the next time you access a partner Web site, you could be shown ads from a golf equipment company or golf resort, rather than simply a generic ad that is not relevant to you. Or if you have visited several pages reviewing new minivan models, you may later be shown ads from auto manufacturers. This technology is aimed at improving your online experience and making your visits to partner Web sites more relevant.

What Are Browser Cookies?

A browser cookie – often referred to simply as a "cookie" -- is a small text file set by a Web site browser that is stored on your computer. These cookies are text files that can be read back later from that browser, which is useful as it allows the browser to "remember" specific information that can help simplify and/or improve your online experience. Cookies are not software, and as such, they cannot perform surreptitious activities or monitoring; browser cookies are not spyware or adware. Cookies are typically exceedingly small (less than the size of a file containing a short sentence or two) and take virtually no space on or slow down your computer.

Are Browser Cookies Safe?

Most browser cookies are safe. However, there are companies that set cookies for inappropriate uses. TACODA browser cookies are only used to anonymously recognize visitors and their aggregate historical behaviors; they never contain or store any personally-identifiable information. TACODA cannot collect any information from your computer or obtain personal or sensitive data such as your e-mail address, passwords or account numbers. There is nothing embedded in our cookies that uniquely identifies you in any way.

What if I Delete My Cookies?

Virtually all browsers allow you to manage cookies. For instance, you can control which cookies are placed on your computer and also periodically delete these cookies. However, most Web sites use browser cookies in some way to enhance your viewing experience, from enabling easy e-commerce transactions and personalized Web pages to simplifying Web site login and registration processes. They can also limit the number of times you're shown a particular ad. Many Web sites provide a less rich experience if browser cookies do not exist and/or are deleted.

Can I Opt-Out of TACODA's Network and its Browser Cookies?

Yes. You can choose not to receive cookies from TACODA and not have ads targeted to you by our advertisers. Simply click here to "opt out" of (i.e., not participate in) and, thereby, not receive TACODA cookies. This "opt out" service is provided by the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI).

Please remember that opting out does not prevent you from seeing ads from TACODA or our partners; it simply means you will no longer receive ads relevant to your historical behavior.

Does TACODA Have a Formal Privacy Policy?

Yes we do. TACODA considers privacy to be of paramount importance and acts with the utmost respect for its protection. Please visit our Privacy Policy Page. You will find our contact information there if you have further questions.

Source
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Spybot S & D has some useful items in the "tools" section. Use them to see if you have any funnies.

WinPatrol has good cookie management.....................you can set them to be automatically destroyed.