Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Old AO was cool

This design is so ****ing lame.
    ...This Space For Rent.

-[WebCarnage]

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    This design is so ****ing lame.
    I have to agree this design IS FOR ****!!! Again, bring back the OLD AO.

This site is a phucking disgrace! LEAVE THE WEB SITE ALONE!!! Your ****ING IT UP LEAVE IT ALONE. Your bestest friend Michael from fort myers florida
    Last edited by Computernerd22; October 17th, 2006 at 10:39 PM.

this is weak sauce... i can't believe they did this. it looks sooooo shitty

OK.............if a few weeks down the line you feel the same then say it again?...... hey, this was a MAJOR UPDATE was it not? I would not expect it to go smoothly, and, after the first attempt, you reign in your ambitions a bit

This is still "work in progress", but, hell's teeth, at least we have made some progress?

Sure..........it isn't like it was........ well, I can remember going from DOS to Windows 3.x...on to Win 95.....on to Win 98, then SE then ME. Not to mention NT 4.0 and 2000 at the same time............. then XP.

If you cannot handle change, you shouldn't be in IT.

This is the "first cut" and we still have a way to go...... but at least we are going forwards?

My views

Sorry nihil, but I disagree...this is not in my opinion an upgrade...a major change yes...but an upgrade no...no offense is intended to those who worked on this...but, to quote er0k:
    i can't believe they did this. it looks sooooo shitty
    hopefully, it'll get better...but I'm not going to hold my breath.

It looks like it was hurried...it should have, as others have stated, been done off-line and the old AO left up until it was ready.

It doesn't look ready. ..like you said...it looks like a ' work in progress ' still.

Eg

Banned
    It seems like those who complained the most about the old design have found something new to complain about...

Hah! EG~old chap, I think that we need to watch our terminology here?

"Upgrade" is what we are told going to MS VISTA will be?........... a bit like going from Win 3.x to 95? OK, then 98 was an improvement but what was Win ME? and XP? It really means "the more recent version of the software"

Hey, I have dealt for years with people who went through those transitions and complained about the new version.

This needs to be bedded in. It is a bit of a difference because we are sort of trying to fit a size 12 foot into a size 9 shoe?

I feel that we must give it a chance or we will be the equivalent of stuck with MS Access 2.0 until hell freezes over. I have actually been there the angst of converting from Access 2.0 to 8.0 was enormous, as you had to re-write about two thirds of the bloody stuff.

Just my thoughts mate

Hi Neg,

I never complained about the old design...in fact the design was one of it's best features...it made the site unique...different from other vBulletin sites.

The look and feel of the old design was one, if not the most attractive feature.

You can't honestly believe this looks better.

Hi nihil,

No I agree...the upgrade is in the background...the structure...but the surface and the features are, as you say, ' a 12 foot into a 9 foot shoe ' ...which is why I said it feels and looks crammed.

I hope you're right that it'll improve...right now it's a wait n' see.

Eg
    Last edited by Egaladeist; October 17th, 2006 at 11:42 PM.

Banned
    Eg > If you never complained about the old design, then I didn't address you in my post.

The main point was to upgrade the forum, even though you're claiming in all your wisdom that this wasn't one... The upgrade was a success (which doesn't mean that there aren't issues left), and whether or not you like the design is personal opinion.

About "the old AO should have been left up until this one was ready": you're a forum admin yourself, you should know that that is impossible as there comes a point where you need to make the transition. The new version has been up for a month or so (so it's not like mnstrgrl just downloaded some upgrades and decided to see what would happen...), and was pretty thoroughly tested - again, it's the transition that's the tricky part...

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    I thought I would weigh in now... I for one dont like this new format but im not gonna go on and on bitching because I personally have no way of changing anything, just wanted to say I dont like it no offense to others who worked on it.
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted