Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Old AO was cool

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Personally, I'd rather see it at the left but that's just because I'm used to it at all forums (very common setup)
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

OK, here are my thoughts/suggestions:

The AP/Reputation system now stops at 11 green dots?...............so it doesn't matter much what you get after that? You will not get killed through the AP/Reputation system. Nor, for that matter, will you progress any further.

I am not happy with the idea of changing something which is basically pretty irrelevant at this point, after such a traumatic upgrade.............in my opinion, I would not even look at it until 6 months down the line. I particularly say that, as it should tie in with an overall policy of where this site sees itself going?

Trashing schools and burning books will NOT bring you a better society!

At the moment we are getting probed by all sorts of Trolls and scum. I would not support a suggestion that removes the ability of the members to "police" their own forum.

A lot more work is required if we were to contemplate that?

Of course...........you could leave it all to the Admins and Mods..........but we will do what we feel; and don't you dare even question..........let alone complain.

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    I have been a PROUD member of AO since 2001 under different handles and I Must say all the years I have been hear posting on AO this website is ugy as phuck!. Bring back the OLD AO!

ALSO, 'WHOEVERs' idea it was to change the website, GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS AND WAKE THE PHUCK UP! You did it for the WORST and NOT for the better. This site is phuckin ugly. bring back the old AO!

Cheers, Michael from fort myers florida.

BTW, IF ITS NOT BROKE DONT FIX IT! Leave WELL ENOUGH ALONE!!!
    Last edited by Computernerd22; October 17th, 2006 at 08:20 PM.

I would prefer to see all the info on the left as well... personal preference. what does it take to get someone to modify the icons (quote, edit, etc) so they remove that horrid white border?

finally... what is the deal with the login? I am experiencing, even if I choose for it to remember me, it doesnt, and when i log in, it returns me to the same page. Now if I login then click a post then click the AO icon at the top i get a different screen, finally shows I am logged in. A bit weird i think.
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Quote Originally Posted by linlover929
    I find it odd that so many people dislike the AP system but so often use it as a popularity contest. The very people that are saying get rid of it are going to be the ones behind the scenes complaining because they are no longer Gods.
    Excuse me linlover929...but for your information I opposed the AP system from almost the day I joined ( 4 days after to be exact )...and since I've been here I've negged less than 10 people, most by request to get rid of a problem at the time...
    considering the obvious extensive research you've apparently not done on this subject, I will now impose my god-like massive power and say...

read before you open your mouth.

Eg

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrus
    I would prefer to see all the info on the left as well... personal preference. what does it take to get someone to modify the icons (quote, edit, etc) so they remove that horrid white border?
    I agree, if there would be personal preference on the left site, the width of the text area wouldn't be so large either, and I think that will improve the comforty of reading.
    Got it Memorized?

Quote Originally Posted by Spyrus

finally... what is the deal with the login? I am experiencing, even if I choose for it to remember me, it doesnt, and when i log in, it returns me to the same page. Now if I login then click a post then click the AO icon at the top i get a different screen, finally shows I am logged in. A bit weird i think.

Yeah, it looks like the main page isn't updating correctly. When I'm in a thread it is fine and I see the User CP/Logout/Welcome, Lv4 things. I also see my link to PMs... but on the main I see none of them. It may be browser specific though, but I'll have to check that in a bit.

Also, is there anyway to expand how many threads are seen on the main page? I only see 10 and I see no way to change that.

***EDIT***

Ok, a quick check on the browser thing shows that it is browser related. It works fine in IE and Opera (8.5) but not for FF (1.5.0.6).
    Last edited by Lv4; October 17th, 2006 at 08:31 PM.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Ok, we'll try it on the left for a bit, see how many prefer it.

I prefer it on the left - adds a bit of 'old style' back in to it!

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia
    I prefer it on the left - adds a bit of 'old style' back in to it!
    I just noticed that there is a icon in the url. Don't know if it was there before the update but it looks good
    Got it Memorized?