Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Old AO was cool

Old AO was cool

May be it's just me, I feel old AO much more like Home, this new design is just like every other forums...not like AntiOnline.

The old AO site was somewhat unique...this is a standard vBulletin site with AO features crammed in.

Personally, and no disrespect intended to mynstralgirl who had a huge job to do, it's way too crowded.

I can't wait to see what the old guard has to say about this!

/me
    sees a flame war in the future!

Banned
    i agree, the old way was the best..
    even if you where able to bring back the main portal page, and just update the forum area that would be awesome..

but it's looking really lame at the moment, nothing matches,and it's just cramped..

And it's horribly flat...no shadows or add-ons to give it depth...it looks like it's on a piece of paper...no depth at all.

And you can tell the buttons from the old site look like they were cut out...you can still see the white around the edges and it's not even even.
    Last edited by Egaladeist; October 17th, 2006 at 03:02 PM.

Those are not the buttons from the old site. Those are the buttons from this version. I see the white edges also, but we didn't cut anything from anywhere.

Come on folks, give us just a little time to get things going here. It took two solid days of work just to get the forum software upgraded to this point. There were so many hacks added to the old software that it was impossible to upgrade. We've taken the steps that we had to take to make the upgrade possible. Now we can focus on working on the look and feel of the site.

The old homepage didn't use vbPortal or vbAdvanced or vbIndex, it was just a complete hack that was created for that specific version of vBulletin, and it won't work with the current version. So we're doing the best we can right now with what we have, and we're working very hard to bring the site up to current security standards at the same time--just please be patient while we work through this upgrade process.
    Thanks,
    Scott (intmon)

Im not so sure I like what happened in this last round of updates....

Definitely going to take some getting used to, everything about the page changed all at once, i was thinking maybe a warm up and easing into it, but I havent seen a single aspect that is the same yet. Whether that is a good thing to most or not, I think im confused
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

Afraid that wasn't possible. It was all or nothing, and the forum couldn't go on using that archaic software anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    Those are not the buttons from the old site. Those are the buttons from this version. I see the white edges also, but we didn't cut anything from anywhere.
    My error then...nevertheless, they still look like cut and paste.

Hi intmon,

I realize it's still must be very much a work in progress...that's why it's good to get not only kudos from members but also on-point criticisms...referred to normally as feedback.

The old site had character...whatever internal or board conflicts there was...there was a definite character to the place...

this place very much lacks character now...it's bland and flat. And those blue cut-out buttons look silly and out of place...they stand out like a blue duck in the desert.

Eg
    Last edited by Egaladeist; October 17th, 2006 at 03:26 PM.