Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Old AO was cool

You can always ask Vb software to help you to upgrade your old hacks into this version.

That is on coding perspective but atleast you can change the desiging part. Like something similar to old,

thanks

Actually to my eyes, they're at least somewhat CLOSE to the blue in the AntiOnline script header. The purple ones we had matched nothing else on the site. They stuck out a mile because they were the only purple things on the page.

It is just because it is new is all, once everyone has found their feet and got used to it, you won't even think about it any more but just get on with it.....

I agree the old AO did have a certain unique feel to it, but it has been that way for so long that everyone just got used to it....nothing stays the same forever!

I like it, it feels more 'modern'! But it DOES take a LOT of getting used to to be able to navigate around with any ammount of speed!

enough w/ "good ol'" days BS

change is keeps you thinking
    /dev/humor: not found

when i log in, i still see the log in user name and password fields on the home page, just thought its something to look into...i do agree with eveeryone else, it doesnt feel like AO but we'll see what you guys come up with it in the future....

did the trolls that were trying to steal my shiny pot of AP's move out or something....
    O.G at A.O

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    Actually to my eyes, they're at least somewhat CLOSE to the blue in the AntiOnline script header. The purple ones we had matched nothing else on the site. They stuck out a mile because they were the only purple things on the page.
    Yes...but the bluish header is backgrounded by white and is off to the top left corner...whereas the blue virtual-depth buttons look way out of place on a flat desert color board of mostly sandy orange and grays.

The style of buttons you have here below, as I'm posting...' submit reply ' and ' preview post ' are much more in tune with the color format and flatness of the rest of the board.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    You have a new version of the BB here. I'm sure in time things will get sorted out and setup nicely. Again, just the upgrade alone is a step in the right direction.

What I'm curious to see is how the site design will match the business goal of becomming a "real" security site. I see that the AP system is gone. That's a damn good start.

--TH13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I see that the AP system is gone. That's a damn good start
    Now we all get to have massive reputations! Hoo Yaa!

Quote Originally Posted by thehorse13
    I see that the AP system is gone. That's a damn good start.

--TH13
    I agree...but unfortunately it was replaced by the standard reputation system...which I find on other sites to be even worse than the AP system...they should do away with the kiddie reward and punishment system altogether...if you treat people like children they'll act like children.

Reward and punishment systems are childish...they shouldn't even be considered a viable feature on an adult site.
    Last edited by Egaladeist; October 17th, 2006 at 04:01 PM.

Well APs are replaced by reputations. Basically the same type of thing.