Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Constructive Comments/Suggestions and questions about the upgrade

Constructive Comments/Suggestions and questions about the upgrade

I thought I would start a thread off about the upgrade where people can ask their questions and offer their opinions and suggestions about the upgrade. Rather than multiple threads about it, it may be easier for the admins and members to keep up to speed via the one thread?

It could even morph into a kind of FAQ for members who have not logged on yet!

(Feel free to delete if not needed)

I think maybe a direct link to the forums index should be placed on the main page, currently the only way I can see to get to the forums is via a post and then at the top, click the forum index link.

It took me a while to work out how to get back to the main page from the forums too, so maybe an obvious link could be placed on the forum index? (I know the big AO graphic is hard to miss, but it is not obvious as a clicky)

I think maybe a direct link to the forums index should be placed on the main page, currently the only way I can see to get to the forums is via a post and then at the top, click the forum index link.
    There is one on the right it says: "Discussion Forum"
    Got it Memorized?

Just Another Geek
    Why didn't they upgrade to vBulletin 3.6.2?
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I've not been around here much as of late so maybe I missed something, but with this new upgrade did AntiPoints go bye-bye?

The new layout/forum isn't horrible, it's just taking some getting used to - two fold for me, I've not been on AO in a while plus it's a new layout so it's taking some time to get readjusted to things... But I'll manage..

EDIT: Is there a way that I can view all unanswered posts - with this new layout, it's a bit tougher to see all the new discussions. Maybe I just missed it as well, but is there a 'mark all forums' read function as well?
    Last edited by Maverick811; October 18th, 2006 at 11:04 PM.
    - Maverick

New posts is up top, the main navbar, and mark forums read is at bottom of the main page.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    New posts is up top, the main navbar, and mark forums read is at bottom of the main page.

Yup, just overlooked both - appreciate it...
    - Maverick

Anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokia

It took me a while to work out how to get back to the main page from the forums too, so maybe an obvious link could be placed on the forum index? (I know the big AO graphic is hard to miss, but it is not obvious as a clicky)
    Took me a minute also, till I realized that on some parts of the forum if you click the blue folder next to "AntiOnline Forums" that takes you to the main page, I haven't figured out the exact logic behind it though, since in other sections it either refreshes the page or goes to a previous page in the thread.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Clicking the header image will return you to the main page.

Banned
    I think it would be cool if there was a new site logo thingy.
    I mean, it's pretty good, but since the owners have upgraded everything to be new and upto date with today's software etc etc.
    Then i think it's time to have a flashy new site logo to go with the new look.

Maybe do what they organised with the old banner, have a competition for members only and see who can come up with a new site logo.

then after a set date, maybe setup a page or something with all the new logo's that have been created, and then we have a poll type thread and we vote for our favourite logo, and the winner recieves a gift from the AO Store, or something..

anyhow just thought i'd throw this idea up into the air.

cheers
    acidtone..