Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: A little bug, and a suggestion!

Well I'm quite certain the FF/mozilla problems are peculiar to them. The IE issue I'm equally sure, is a cookie conflict. I've seen that plenty of times after upgrades. Dumping all cookies and offline content usually fixes that in IE.

Hi, I got the same problems with Windows Millenium edition so I have now tried XP, 2000 and ME. I guess it is not an OS issue?

I also get the same with Moz., FF and IE..................

Just looked at my cookies and I have both www.antionline AND the straight antionline one. The www. is slightly older by a few minutes so I guess that was the one that was there when I got back from the convenience store and logged back into AO (I had been kicked out).

Don't know if that helps?

Incidentally I ran with activeX and all that enabled, and checked that the adverts changed without problems.

I wonder if any unsigned activeX is being used? can't really see it though as you would have many more complaints I would have thought.

Cheers

Here is the maddening thing (at least for me) about the FF issue. One out of maybe five times it will keep me logged in and working fine, but the other four times it just doesn't work.

Sometimes it is just logging in over and over until it works, other times it takes me having to open a thread and then logging in to work. No rhyme or reason to it that I can see.

Give a man a match and he will be warm for a while, light him on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Hi Lv4 I forgot to mention that when I tried FF under Win ME it wouldn't even log me in.

I got the "welcome nihil" screen and by the time it took me back to the main screen it had dumped me back to the login prompt.

i use a workaorund for this. till yesterday, i was able to login normally. But today it started acting up and used to throw me back at the front login page after i entered my id and pw.

upon returning to the front page, i randomly click on a thread to view it. At the thread bottom if i see a quick reply, it means i'm logged in! no matter what the front page shows. from that random thread i navigate back to the frontpage and then it shows me a logged in properly.

Edit: My Firefox is doing fine. I always clear out everything after close of a session.

Last edited by chizra; October 19th, 2006 at 04:34 PM.
    Hindsight is an exact science.
    MudBubble

Seems there are old and new cookies on the machines that are having problems. I wonder if even deleting those cookies would help. Has everyone who is having this trouble tried expressly logging out, not closing the browser, but clicking logout? That SHOULD clear all cookies from this site. If it's not then we have to fix it.

well eventually it will log me out under FF. Sometimes immediately, sometimes in a couple of minutes, and even other times it takes over an hour. This is most annoying, and I absolutely refuse to use IE to browse this one site.

Opera is on my bad list at the moment too.

Ok, we made a change, so would everyone try logging in, then out, then in again, Thanks

Maybe this will help:

When using IE 10 minutes ago

viewing before logging in
    cookie default@antionline

after logging in get second cookie
    default@www.antionline

The second set of cookies did not go away when logging off

After trying Mozilla, tried IE again ( clearing everything first ), this time only the first cookie was set, and was cleared when logging off. ( maybe this was due to your change? )

In Mozilla:

when visiting the following cookies were set:
    www.antionline.com bblastactivity
    www.antionline.com bblastvisit

Then logging in:

antionline.com bblastvisit
    antionline.com bblastactivity
    antionline.com bbsessionhash

when logging out, I have four antionline.com cookies, no www.antionline cookies

Now ( after change ) only the
    Does this help?
    Last edited by IKnowNot; October 19th, 2006 at 05:00 PM.
    " And maddest of all, to see life as it is and not as it should be" --Miguel Cervantes

Well we made a change now that should remove both cookies. Try logging out now and then in again