Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: forgiveness

forgiveness

I want to ask the forgiveness of the people who post on this forum.
    Though I profess to be a follower of the gentle religion of Jesus,
    I have been an arrogant fool. Since none of you know me in the real world
    maybe this is not the best place to post this, but I feel I owe it to
    you, any of you who feel concerned. Recently I have experienced
    events that have taken me down a notch. That is an understatement.
    I am in the midst of a personal catastrophe of my own making.

I'd like to tell you the nature of my troubles, but this is the internet.
    I'd like to say that I am finding a way forward, but I am broken
    and despairing. I'd like to say I will become a better man, but
    that would take a miracle. In this vein, I would like to post a link
    to a song that says something of my mood and my yearnings.

http://rcgreen.doesntexist.org/B_S_N.mp3

May God richly bless each and ever one of you, an abundant
    blessing, unmixed with sorrow or regret. Those of you who are inclined
    to pray, you can't imagine how grateful I would be.

Randy C Green
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Recently I have experienced
    events that have taken me down a notch. That is an understatement.
    I am in the midst of a personal catastrophe of my own making.
    Welcome to God's kingdom!
    Everyone who comes to Jesus goes thru this process. We have lost the faith that was once delivered to the saints(Jude 3) in that we seem to think that everything going our way is a stamp of God's approval..wrong answer. If you read about anyone who has ever been great in God's kingdom you will find a broken and humble person whose sins and faults have displayed for all the world to see. They are broken with the revelation that they are nothing and Jesus is Lord of all.Rejoice mr green in this moment...because this is the time when your praise and gratitiude mean more than when everything was going your way. Welcome to the cross and do not jusy endure it. EMBRACE it! The cross is the VEHICLE that will transport you from your current state of corruption to a state of being blameless before him in love (ephesians 1:4)
    That's what this event is rcgreen...it is a transport device. Let it take you to him.
    Pm me and I will be glad to talk it out with you.
    I'll give you my cell..perhaps the Lord can use my small ability to encourage you because I know what it means to be humbled . I know what it is to suffer.

Randy,

I cannot forgive you, because that would require prior condemnation and only he who is without sin can cast the first stone?

I, errrr.......We, shall pray for you...........best we can do mate, and good fortune in the future.

Johnno

Hi Randy,

I have no idea why you want anyone here to forgive you, as far as I can tell you've done absolutely nothing that would warrant forgiveness.

peace,

Eg

I have no idea why you want anyone here to forgive you, as far as I can tell you've done absolutely nothing that would warrant forgiveness.
    If he is going thru a situation anything like what I have went thru then desperation sets in. You are in whirlwind of confusion and pain. You wonder what has brought you to this point. You cry out for forgiveness from anything or anybody that there might have been even the remotest possibilty you have offende. He may be there. If he is...he is right where God wants him.

Not that it's any of my business...

Quote Originally Posted by LarrySmith
    If he is going thru a situation anything like what I have went thru then desperation sets in. You are in whirlwind of confusion and pain. You wonder what has brought you to this point.
    Well, I would imagine what brought him to this point would be the sum of his past decisions. It's a causal relation; someone makes some decision, something happens and a new decision is needed.

There really is no point in looking back and regretting a past decision, the past is history. And the future, hell, the future isn't even here yet. All we have is right here, right now.

There is nothing gained by living in the past, only lost time.

You cry out for forgiveness from anything or anybody that there might have been even the remotest possibilty you have offende.
    Would this change what had happened?

For example, I was hit by a bike while coming home from uni (both of us walked away without a scratch). The biker apologized a number of times and peddled off. Is there anything gained by the biker regretting what was done earlier in the day? No, he only loses the entire day to his concentration of the past.

This does not equate, however, to "do not learn from your mistakes". It equates to "Do not regret your mistakes" as there is no reason to continually live in the past, and if you did you can't change it.
    "The Texan turned out to be good-natured, generous and likeable. In three days no one could stand him." Catch 22 by Joseph Heller.

Buddies? I have no buddies...

Give the BSD daemon some love (proud FreeBSD user)

Randy,

If you feel the need to talk 1:1

Use the PM facility............... In my mind, and I hope others in the community, "security" means rather more than pen testing.............

Every day you wake up is one day closer to the resolution of any problem, or at least, that's the credo I tend to live by. I've gone through Hell and I'm still here. All I'd like to say is that you shouldn't rely on religion too much, most of it is promises for "the world to come" which basically means that if you want to get something done here, you're going to have to do it yourself. I can't forgive you, none of us can. Seeing as how you've hurt people in the world outside of the internet I would suggest you make you amends to them, and not anonymous strangers in an abstract world. Part of life is to forgive and be forgiven, but words on your screen are null and void if you do not know who lies at the other end of that UTP cable. For all you know we might be the world's worst sinners, immoral people that couldn't care less for the fate of others. Would you ask forgiveness of those people? No you wouldn't. I'm not saying you shouldn't ask for help on the internet, I'm just saying that true forgiveness, love and all that jazz do not come from words, abstractly transmitted through steel wires, it comes from real people with real hearts that you can touch and can touch yours.

And remember, people come and go, every day, same thing goes for physical posession. The only true thing we can hold on to is our own personal truth. Stick to that, and keep moving forward. Sometimes things can't be fixed and should just be left as they are. Time doesn't wait around for those lost in its tracks.

I'd simply love to add some words of wizdom here, but as you'll notice, I can't even spell properly...I bet it's all fabulous though.

Bubbly Fruit
    Sarcasm is a way of life

AOs Resident Troll
    Forgive yourself first

Then you can seek forgiveness from others..

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer