Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: forgiveness

Talking

When my first wife left me I thought my life was ruined. Then someone told me that God doesn't close a door without opening another door for you. I didn't pay that much attention to that statement at first...all I could think of was my loss.

I managed to keep the house in the settlement, though I couldn't afford it on just my income. In a matter of about one week, another friend of mine discovered that his wife wanted a divorce. He moved in and we split the bills. Then another friend who was single at the time needed a cheaper appartment so we moved him in as well. Good times soon followed.

A short time passed, and I met a lady that I had known of since elementary school, my mother was her second grade teacher. We hit it off...she moved in too.

Here I am 14 years later, happily married to her and a proud father of a boy and girl. I made a couple of life changing career moves as well.

At the time of my divorce, I would've never dreamed that I could be this happy. All of my friends said that things would get better, I thought they full of ****. I guess they were right, but at the time it didn't seem that way. Those times were tough. They make a guy feel very uncertain about everything.

My friends that moved in? They have also moved on. They are both married to a couple of gals that they started dating while we were all living together, and one of them has a daughter.

So I can say with confidence that things will be fine rcgreen. It just takes time. When you are ready, you will decide to move forward.

I'm sorry to hear about what has happened to you. Although i do not believe in God, i hope you heal yourself quickly with your faith. I cannot pray for you but i can only hope that things turn out good for you and your family. I'd like to tell you a few things. If life was on a "charted course" as you said, what's the challenge in living it. How would life be fun if there is no challenge. Life is about problems and learning to overcome them. Philosophically speaking, you never had anything to start with.You came to the world with nothing and you shall go back in the same way. So be happy and always remember :

" You can clutch the past so tightly to your chest, that it leaves your arms too full to
    embrace the present" - Jan Glidewell

This is a little late but...

We tend to blame ourselves in these situations. Perhaps that is a positive influence for continued growth. In many cases though, there is no blame. It is a stark reality of our existence. Many times change is necessary. It sounds a bit cliche, but I truly believe with each chapter the new unwritten page is much richer. And my life is a testament to that ideology. Once in a while a soul strays from confidence and never recovers. They are unwlling or unable to swim through their emotions and bask in the sun on the other side where an ice cold Corona with a little lime on top is waiting in their easy chair. You are not one of those people. You may not even feel like a beer, but it is waiting.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.