Thread: msn live experts wanted

msn live experts wanted

hi all,
    have interesting question for msn live expert(no yahoo one) as i have no idea how this things work and would like to know::
    i have msn name ( or account) which i use to comunicate with my sister only.I have also another person which makes only two people i have on contact list.
    My questions are:
    can somone get my account detail from my sister or friend pc?(not talking physical access) say by remotelly log into their pc?
    and if they can(of course they can that was stupid question) can somone add another contact on my account without me giving permission or without me knowing.
    I was told that you need to accept or invite somone to become your contact.But if somone remotelly uses my account they dont need my permission cos they are me in one sense or they acctually using my account.
    Corect me there if i am wrong
    and sorry if this is not proper forum
    thanks for your replies

They can only remotely log into your account by using your password..which is something(if you save passwords)which is going to be stored on your computer(again..in a hash..not cleartext).So the only way someone can add/remove contacts or do anything otherwise with your account is if they have physical access and install a trojan or a keylogger,or if you accept a trojan or keylogger disguised as godknowswhat.What account details do you mean?Pretty elementary question lol..

Cheers

Hmmmm,

I am probably not understanding the question, but here goes:

You contact your sister and friend via MSN. So, it is reasonable to assume that your details are on their machines, just like e-mail, for example?

That information could be obtained from their machines, either physically or remotely.

Adding something to your account requires access to it with your authority (password).

To put it simply, if I give you my address, you can send me a letter, but it does not give you the keys to my door................ all that can be obtained from your sister or friend's machines is your address.

If someone has been in your fridge drinking your beer, I think that you have to look closer to home

ty.
    with my acount details i meant my msn name and password.
    so if somone knows my msn name and password they can add or delete anyone they want as they can log as owners of account.To add they need others people permission to accept themn as contacts.
    nihil
    to put somone on my msn contact i have to know that person e-mail address or user name .when i do this i send request from my msn to contact that person asking them if they acept me as their contact.so it has to be agreed from both side.
    if somone uses my account this mean they can accept/reject contacts as they please????
    regardless of location?
    regardless if they log anywhere whith my name and password?

Hi,

Yes, I am afraid that is the case, as with other P2P and e-mail systems. You can use it anywhere and so can anybody with sufficient information to impersonate you.

Broadband can be different if you use services from your broadband provider. Mine would only accept a login down my telephone line, for example. That means that I can only use it from home, but it is more secure.

If you are having problems I would recommend changing your password and your password reminder. My advice is always to give false information. If you answer the prompt honestly you make it easier for someone who knows you to guess it.

Cheers