Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some of my links here are broken

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar

Some of my links here are broken

I saved some AO links in my favorites such as a tutorial "how to subnet" etc... now since the move to the "new" forum when I click on those links they point to totally different pages... nothing about subnetting etc... whats going on?
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

Hi there Tyler,

Happy All Saints Day

The new version of the database is rather different, so the old links don't work anymore........... if it hadn't been butchered by JP and his gang we would have been OK...................

I would like to thank JPnyc, mnstrgrl and intmon for the enormous effort put into sorting this.............. were it myself, I would have wiped the lot

AO's Resident Redneck The Texan's Avatar
    Well I guess that answers my question. Thanks Johnno and all the Admins and various higher-ups
    Git R Dun - Ty
    A tribe is wanted

The new version of the database is rather different, so the old links don't work anymore
    That is perfectly fine. However it is critical that the links that show up as a result of a search function properly. Some(not all) links that are brought up as a search result aren't working(at least not as of yesterday)
    When( as in GMT time) was the search feature repaired?

What did you search on ?

Actually it was the tutorial index by Negative
    I think that falls into nihil's prior suggestion. Someone will have to redo it.

Have you tried http://www.antionline.com/faq/, rather than http://www.antionline.com/faq.php? The first is the default FAQ system provided by vB, the other is a separate FAQ system we installed some time ago. It might just be that we need to replace some links in the navigation so they all point to the correct locations.

- h
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Hello,

The problem seems to be with the links to the tutorials rather than the FAQ?

If you find the name of the tutorial and run it through the site search facility, you will find the new location/reference.

Oops, misread. Yes, all IDs for threads and posts have changed, so bookmarks will be wrong. You'll have to use site search to find them and re-bookmark.
    I'm not mean. You're just a sissy.

Would it not be easier for someone to redo the links in the index itself?
    Sure I could search the current index and then do a site search.
    It would have to be repeated by everyone who wanted to use the index.