Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm Engaged

Quote Originally Posted by thehorse13
    Welcome to hell. I will be your tour guide...

Heheh.
    Congrats and don't forget to post a pic of the happy couple.
    Yes, TH13 keeps trying to scare me telling me all the loss of freedom and how she becomes the boss. He also keeps stressing the importance of condoms for some reason... I keep telling myself that any happily married man offers the same advice... because I'm hearing it from about a dozen others. Some of them have even offered to chip in on a plane ticket to Mexico and know people who can get me "papers". I hope they are meaning for the travel expense for the honeymoon...

Congrats HT! I'm really happy for you. I hope you plan a long engagement. We opted to go for two years in order to plan and save $ for the wedding. So far, I've learned a couple of things about wedding planning. Rule number 1. Stay out of it. 2. Pick your tux style/color (matching her brides maids), 3. Have some input on the place where the ceremony and reception will be. 4. Stay out of everything else. If she askes your opinion on something, state two obvious facts that you "like" about the choices and then ask her what she thinks.

Example: table napkins: choice = white vs pink
    "Well honey, the white would match the table cloth but the pink would match your flowers. What do you think?" <she gives her opinion> "I see... Great points! I also agree." Done.
    Last edited by phishphreek; December 18th, 2006 at 01:17 PM.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    LOL!!! Poor Phisy. He is already learning the basic rules of how to deal with management.

The advanced chapters are yet to come. Remember, if there is one thing that is consistent, it's that what works once will not work much longer.

Heheheh.

--Th13
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

I haven't really a lot of time atm to post but here i will take the time to congratulate you and your GF HT. I hope you will be happy together and things will only continue to get better. As Ms Mittens said dont forget to post a picture. I'm curious to see if she wears glasses.
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

Congrats! Here's wishing you all the best!

Quote Originally Posted by MURACU
    I haven't really a lot of time atm to post but here i will take the time to congratulate you and your GF HT. I hope you will be happy together and things will only continue to get better. As Ms Mittens said dont forget to post a picture. I'm curious to see if she wears glasses.
    She does wear glasses however perhaps you need them.. TH13 said to post a pic...

Phish: all great advice... we've lived together for like 3 years now with plans to get married so this was just making it "official"...

As for when... the plan is 2 - 3 years.... her parents won't be paying for any of it and my parents may help a little.. so we've got to save enough for all of it...

I will be looking for AO'ers (AO'ians?) addresses to send invitations to all those interested when it happens though...

Being a country boy from up north I want an outdoor wedding with a big ass BBQ pit.... but somehow I doubt that will happen haha

Everyone else: Thanks

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    Congrats HtRegz!
    You have now cemented the bond between you and your loved one, you have shown your loyalty for your significant other, you have taken one step closer to that ultimate level of companionship, you have.....
    ok.ok.(barf)
    Who am I kidding? Remember those fleshy sacks between your legs that used to make you feel like a man? kiss those puppies goodbye. And listen to Phish...he is very wise!
    Also, if it makes you feel any better HtRegz, I too recently got engaged. And guess what the first thing my buddy said to me? "congratualtions.....idiot"

In any event, good luck and my best wishes.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

just remember!, when your in trouble (even if you don't know what your in trouble four) bow your head as low as possible and apoligies like you know what you did. he he, works every time!
    then you can move onto the mackup s**.

Hmmmm, I think that some of you guys have been reading too much history? In particular about Horatio Nelson and the Battle of Trafalgar...........his final message to his captains was:"engage the enemy more closely"

Engagement is not the end of the World..........that is called "marriage"

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !

So when's the big day?
    Last edited by Moira; December 18th, 2006 at 09:18 PM.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

They call me the Hunted foxyloxley's Avatar
    nice to read good news HT
    and congrats on the engagment

as for dates, august 10 2008 is good for me
    I'll go anywhere for a big ass BBQ
    so now I'm in my SIXTIES FFS
    WTAF, how did that happen, so no more alterations to the sig, it will remain as is now

Beware of Geeks bearing GIF's
    come and waste the day :P at The Taz Zone