Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Linux, the terrorist's OS

Linux, the terrorist's OS

I am posting this in tech humor, because I really hope it is a joke.

http://shelleytherepublican.com/2006...y-tristan.aspx
    Last edited by westin; December 20th, 2006 at 02:03 AM.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

man, that article is so funny! and better: i dont think it was written to be a joke!
    my favorites parts:
    Imagine if a stealth-bomber crashed because it’s software was written by anonymous Chinese or European hackers. It would make as much sense as inviting the French to come over and take over the White-House.
    Osama uses Linux because he knows designed to counterfit DVDs, curcumventing the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, and defraud companies like Disney.
    the writer is so dumb that doesnt know that most of DVD-copy software are made by American companies.

Of course comments are funny also:
    The name alone (LINUX) sounds kind of queer to me!
    It’s just some primitive European substitute for a real operation system like the mighty Windows XP.
    No way. Blogger.com is hosting on Windows!!!
    I would not host my website on Linux either. It’s disgusting.
    And please notice: im not a linux fun
    Meu sítio

FORMAT C: Yes ...Yes??? ...Nooooo!!! ^C ^C ^C ^C ^C
    If I die before I sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to encrypt.
    If I die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to brake.

That's funny...and ironic that the blogger doesn't comment on all the
    state funding big corporations like Microsoft and Wal-Mart receive.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

The oddity of this experience for me was Township Rebellion coming on the I-pod as I started reading this horrible article. I wonder if she is a writer for Fox news. This is right up there with the comment about the movie happy feet being intended to teach children to be homosexual.

and the poll on the side for the best way to celebrate Jesus' birth was off the chain crazy. I wonder if I selected Boycotting Walmart if I would get a visit from O'Rielly's Fox security team.

The composer of that disgusting song, is only a fellow of a little part of Halloween Documents .... the rest to come

I admit it, it was as funny, though.
    \"The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards - and even then I have my doubts\".....Spaf
    Everytime I learn a new thing, I discover how ignorant I am.- ... Black Cluster

..I’m talking about a project called ‘Linux’, something you may not have encountered, but might do some day.
    It’s a computer program that was initially developed in Finland as a means of circumventing valuable copyrights and patents owned by an American company called SCO Group.

Unlike Windows, which is..
    The fact he calls Windows and Linux a program shows how much he knows about computers, I pretty much gave up on the article as soon as I read that (but read the whole thing regardless). Pretty funny.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

I went into that thinking that it had to be a joke.... but i almost think the writer means it.... This is a great example why we need a giant robotic Tux to crush the non believers... And even it doesn't crush them a robotic tux would be loads of fun!
    ...."Cant stop the signal Mel, Every thing goes some where and i go every where."...... "From here to the eyes and the ears of the verse, thats my motto or might be if i start having a motto" - Mr. Universe "Serenity"

The fact he calls Windows and Linux a program shows how much he knows about computers
    how much they or you know about computers aside.
    an operating system is a type of program an application is another and a service is yet another.

how much they or you know about computers aside.
    an operating system is a type of program an application is another and a service is yet another.
    Agreed, but I consider an operating system something that isn't dependent on another 'program' to operate. A program by my definition is the opposite.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Custom User
    The article's definitely taking the piss. It has to be

I'm fairly certain that some of the people writing comments are just going along with it as well.

Regardless of what Google may think of Linux; it is still the choice of terrorists, paedophiles and democrats
    I had a suspicion that when I wrote the original post that it would attract an undesirable pot-smoking rabble of Linux zealots
    Now after reading those two quotes from one of the bloggers replies, you can't think he's serious!

ac
    Last edited by gothic_type; December 21st, 2006 at 12:37 PM.