Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fair warning for all northern UK members

Fair warning for all northern UK members

I've just booked my holiday for 3rd week of june, Lancashire and Scotland. Plenty of time to move south, if you hurry!

I have informed the Royal Airforce,

Time to go and grease the AAA?

The RAF is not going to let my plane land? But it's BA!

And what do you think "BA" stands for...............

On a more serious note, the RAF fly out of the Republic of Ireland. They have high speed interceptors which the Irish Airforce do not. It is part of a joint anti-terrorism agreement.

The deal is that the RAF will intercept "rogue" aircraft over the North Atlantic, before they reach the British Isles.

I also have booked my vacation for the 3rd week in June. I'm greedy so I'm taking two weeks. Both the 2nd and 3rd weeks. I won't be traveling out of the country though... A couple of weeks of camping/ hiking/ mountain biking/ whitewater rafting&kayaking/ caving and rock climbing. Should be fun.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

So BA = "Ban Americans"? Sounds fun, phish. Well, not for me, I'm a city boy, born and raised. I saw nature on tv.

I suppose the weather might have cleared up by June, your plane might just land. Where are you visiting in Scotland? You can't really visit the whole place, its rather big.

A general tip: on the day that you plan to try a Deep Fried Mars Bar (a Scottish delicacy), don't expect to be eating anything else that day.
    \"Some say they go looking for Drugs, Dirty Dancing and Pounding, Pounding Techno Music.\"
    *ahem* contact me

Edinburra (if that's how they insist on pronouncing it, that's how I'm gonna spell it! ). Just for 4 days, 3 nights. The rest of the time I'll be at my friend's in Leigh. Probably do Blackpool again, since it wasn't summer when I saw it last.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    I've just booked my holiday for 3rd week of june, Lancashire and Scotland. Plenty of time to move south, if you hurry!
    Help! Fortunately it might clash with the week I'm in Shetland - we're planning on climbing to the highest point on the Islands on the 21st June and watching the sunset turn to sunrise in under half an hour.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Fear not, I'll be a good deal west of geordie-land, and then well north of it after that. Although it never hurts to have a good guard dog posted.