Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Bad-Bye, Bad-Riddance, and Fair Poorly. Its finally over.

I see them as inextricably intertwined. Look at it from this perspective, sure, if you're a single man with no family, then I s'pose your death is on your own head, but even in that case, SOMEONE SOMEWHERE probably loves you.

And if you're a man with a family, your death would devastate your family just as much as any one of their deaths would you.

That reminds me of the story of Crito and Socrates just before the guard came in with the helmlock...Crito was in tears over the injustice befallen Socrates...to which Socrates said:

Would you rather I be killed justly?

and...

Wipe the tears from your eyes...don't you know from the moment I was born I was to die?

Death is a natural part of life...all things die...I hope that I have the common sense to teach my children not to embrace the view of it being evil or to be avoided at all costs.

Because it cannot be avoided...for long. One day both you and me will be dead...that is a fact of life.

So you'll only teach them to fear tax audits?

Precisely

Whew, that's a relief. My head was filled with images of poor little kids in debtor's prison

I am sure Bobby and him were targeted because they wouldn't cow down to the powers that be...
    They were the "powers that be" John was targeted by a loner wannabe
    communist, and Bobby killed by a palestinian who resented the jews.

My hero, Churchill, definitely one of the aristocracy. Most men in power
    come from the power elite. Outsiders can only influence history by
    becoming assassins. Even Gandhi was born to priviledge.
    I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

Quote Originally Posted by morganlefay
    All I am saying is.....

Who made us the police, judge and executioner of the world??

and it is not our place to humiliate prisoners...or anyone for that matter

MLF

the people that want us to see things their way or die, thats who...ask me for acts of humilation or fun with power drills against those that only wanted to help.

the really ridicolouls thing is that islomofacists have killed more muslims than non-muslims

as long as we remain a superpower it IS our job

...are you counting panties on the forehead as the same thing as cutting genitals off and stuffing them down the throats of their victums
    Bukhari:V3B48N826 “The Prophet said, ‘Isn’t the witness of a woman equal to half of that of a man?’ The women said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘This is because of the deficiency of a woman’s mind.’”

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tedob1
    the people that want us to see things their way or die, thats who...ask me for acts of humilation or fun with power drills against those that only wanted to help.

the really ridicolouls thing is that islomofacists have killed more muslims than non-muslims

as long as we remain a superpower it IS our job

...are you counting panties on the forehead as the same thing as cutting genitals off and stuffing them down the throats of their victums
    But how far will you let it go, as a super power you can virtutally do anything and break boundaries ...
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    we evaluate them on the decisions they made...regardless of what led them there
    Couldn't agree more.
    ' junior ' IS responsible for the decisions he makes
    Again, couldn't agree more.
    Bush Jr. is responsible for his decisions. So was Clinton, So was Reagan, so was Daffy Duck. If you're going to question Bush's decision making, then I only find it fair to question Clinton's, Reagan's, & Daffy Duck's decision making when it comes to figuring out how we (as a nation) got involved overseas.
    I am not alleviating Bush from his responsibility but, I refuse to put sole blame on Bush Jr. for this mess in Iraq. It's not as if the US and the middle east were all "honkey-dorey" until Bush Jr. took office. To be perfectly honest, I think alot of resentment has come of the US's support of Israel.

In any event, I can't believe this thread is still kicking around. Also, I happen to support Daffy Duck's firm stand of the middle east. If Bugs Bunny had just done his job, there would never have been the great "carrot conspiracy" of 1977.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton