Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad-Bye, Bad-Riddance, and Fair Poorly. Its finally over.

I believe that was Halliburton and the Saudi princes.

Who made us the police, judge and executioner of the world??

and it is not our place to humiliate prisoners...or anyone for that matter
    We (the US) were neither the judge or executioner of Hussein. The "policing" (capturing and detaining him in the first place) was due to the threat he posed to the United States. We have that right when we go to war with a country. We call them war prisoners. However he was transfered to Iraq authority shortly after his capture we had no control over what happened to him next.

Side fact: The US actually wanted to delay his execution a couple of more weeks, but Iraq officials proceeded with it as dated.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    IMO he got what he deserved. He was similar to the cruelest man in history, not near close to him but similar in being a death dealer. The only thing Stalin accomplished was turning the USSR into a powerhouse.

BTW: does anyone have a link or clip of the execution?
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raion
    We have that right when we go to war with a country.
    I see this turning into a heavy debate. Im not a fan of American politics and their actions in the world however im not going to argue. Going to wait for another thread to start.

Happy hunting MLF...
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Saddam was small potatoes. As soon as he was deposed from power he became irrelevant. Raion is also quite correct in that the US didn't try or execute him. If you want to call the current Iraqi gov. a puppet of the us, fine, I suspect many will, but nevertheless they are the gov. of Iraq, not the USA.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Cider,

I watched it through Google video, keywords "saddam hanging"

you can watch the official sanitized video or the "cell phone" video.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Killing Saddam means nothing...as equally as his capture meant nothing too...

his capture did not result in peace...it resulted in more bloodshed...fighting escalated after he was caught and will continue to escalate after his death...

Iraq should never have been invaded...it was a dismal attempt by Junior to distract from the failure in Afghanistan and set the stage for a walk in the park like Daddy had...

only...he greatly miscalculated...and is now stuck in a quagmire.

Vietnam...deja-vu anyone...granted Iraqi's aren't as sneaky and motivated as charlie...but...a lost cause is still a lost cause.

Pull the troops out and let them sort it out.

I'd love it, but I don't think we can now. It's our mess and we have to try and clean it up, at least as much as possible.

The object was to take out OBL...when that failed...the object became to rid Afghanistan of the Taliban and set the stage for democracy...when that failed then the object became to target Iraq and WMD...when that failed then the object became to rid Iraq of Saddam and set the stage for democracy...

when that fails...what's next?

Junior wants to go out with a win...no-one wants to go out a loser...so...what's next...

North Korea?

Junior's got a gun...and there's nothing more dangerous than a child with a gun. Right now junior's looking to go down in history as the most unsuccessful President in the International arena...all losses...no wins.
    Last edited by Egaladeist; January 4th, 2007 at 07:28 AM.

saddam killed thousands of innocent civilians in public. he should have been on pay-per-view. you see how scared he was before he got roped? good. im glad people can see there are consequences for their actions, there are too many immature people in power.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")