Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Project :: Watercooled Chieftec Mod

Today i decided i would make everything in this case Black, or as dark as possible...

I started off stripping the Fan Controller, so that its ready for painting...

The Metal bracket after painting ( 2 coats of Matt with 800 grit between)

With the Daughterboards in...

And with the aluminium fascia and platic bits...

I'm uploading the rest of the picceys for the other bits done.

alakhiyar
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

am back...

DVD Drive... and Insides of Case

I also took apart the DVD drive, and gave it 2 coats off Matt.

The finish doesn't need to be amazing, just black so that it blends into the theme of the case

Speaking of the insides of the case.....:

This is only one coat, with a very thin layer of Primer. I'll eventually apply another coat, but only near the end of the project...

Hope you enjoy...

alakhiyar
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Today, i finally found the drive-rails for the case, and when it came to test fitting the drives, i was very suprised how good they were, all it needed was a quick squeeze on the metal progs, and out they came.. to be honest, i love this case, and would reccomend it to anyone. It has no fans, removable mobo-tray and is made of steel, but its the perfect size and has features....

well, i decided in a moment of madness that i needed to use a second FC, so i whipped out my Zalman FC from its box and shoved it in...

The 4 dials will be for the push / pull fans and i will try and get the 5V / OFF / 12 V switches for the Cold Cathode power things... ( i hope!¬!!)

the driverails still need painting, but im not sure f it would look better..

opinions?

well, after some 200 grit quickly and one layer of primer and a bit more 600 Grit this is were we are upto..

please dont take the rip out of my fake leopard skin cushion, my mum made it for me...

now, back to my current life...

(ooohh love my viewsonic monitor....)

i've put the first layer of black on the frount and it looks suprisingly good... and no, steel cases arn't bad, just heavy compaired to the new light aluminium cases.

Its a Viewsonic VX924 and its about 6 months old.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by alakhiyar

please dont take the rip out of my fake leopard skin cushion, my mum made it for me...
    Would we ever do such a thing?..............by the way do you have a matching pair of shorts?

by the way do you have a matching pair of shorts?
    actually i have... with embroidered flower in the middle hehehe
    Last edited by alakhiyar; January 24th, 2007 at 03:36 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Frount Bezel Update......

Frount Bezel Update......

her it is after the first layer of primer as above, then one layer of paint and some 1200 grit paper, then another layer, its alot nicer and more shiney than it looks, and im realy pleased as this is my first go with painting a case....

welll, i'll let the picceys talk....:

and now for all you people who like to take the p*ss, here is another object from my room...

Its a long coushin (i think thats how to spell it..) that looks like a cat..
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Little update, im now in the middle of planning how i can mount all of my watercooling system in my case....

here is a stone-age mock-up done in Paint with an old photo...

the problem is that the outlet of the DDC is flat, not at 90* , so i'll eitther have to mount the rad so thats its impossible to bleed, or i will have to go and get a little box so that i can put the DDC in and it still looks black, with some small holes for the barbs, so it'l look like an aquacomputer FMJ sort-a-thing..

Otherwise, ive been hunting around for some blow-hole trim, and no-one has any... awwww...

And ive been planing the cutting area and holes to mount the rad and fans to the case..

well havn't done much.....

i decided to take off the PCI back panel of my X1800 to get it ready for painting..

before

After...

and the back panel and tools i used-

And my little toolkit i use for my PC's

(the reason its not fully painted is cos. i ran out of primer...) and these fans will be on the otherside of the metal, its just easier to work out how to mount it this way,,,
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hmmm, that cushion sure is a funny looking cat

Look at the second picture and the position of the "tail"................. my guess that is actually a sting, and the creature is supposed to be a hornet

Hornets dont have ears.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein
    --The road to hell is paved with good intentions.--

I'm excited to see the final result of this project! I can't wait to see how the colors and acrylic look together with the water cooling system. Best of luck!