Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rare primitive shark captured on film

Rare primitive shark captured on film

WOW!!! That thing is awesome. This is just one of the reasons I'm scared poopless of the ocean. Even though it is supposed to stay 2000 feet under the water, know onw REALLY knows what out there. I'm amazed by the ocean I would just rather stay on shore

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1965

http://abcnews.go.com/search?searcht...k&type=feature
    Attached Images Attached Images
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Boy, that shark is the ugliest thing I have ever seen. I don't know why but when I watch that video of it and see the part where its gills pass by and I see those ugly protrusions that look like spikes it gives me a sickly I want to puck and rip something apart kind of feeling. Have you ever had that feeling when looking at something then all of a sudden you hate it. But you can’t help but look at it again... I think I am going insane...

Looks like Tiger Shark in disguise.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

AOs Resident Troll
    Quote Originally Posted by phishphreek80
    Looks like Tiger Shark in disguise.
    or out of his disguise....in his true natural state

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Offtopic: Whatever happened to him anyway.
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.

Quote Originally Posted by phishphreek80
    Offtopic: Whatever happened to him anyway.
    He "lurks" from time to time, does't post anymore. Had some issues with AO and some of the prople here. Instead of getting into a big flame war, he took the mature way out and decided to take a break....or leave.

Cheers:
    DjM

I think I have a lure big enough, but how to fit 2000M of line on my reel???

Its only 5 ft long, they noodle for bigger fish!!!!
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein
    --The road to hell is paved with good intentions.--

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Um: is that a shark ?

I would say close to a tigershark if that. Wondering if I should go for a surf ...
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Hmmm,

I know that my copy of the IGFA's World Record Game Fishes is over 10 years old, but back then, there wasn't a single entry for that species. I guess they are not susceptible to being rod-caught?

webwurm99, that is 2,000 feet (600M). My Penn Senator has 1,200 metres of 130 lb breaking strain knitted dacron line. I guess it would take at least 3,000M of 30lb monofil? and 30lb would be more than adequate for a 5ft shark?

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Hmmm,

webwurm99, that is 2,000 feet (600M). My Penn Senator has 1,200 metres of 130 lb breaking strain knitted dacron line. I guess it would take at least 3,000M of 30lb monofil? and 30lb would be more than adequate for a 5ft shark?

I live in Colorado, Im landlocked man!!
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    Albert Einstein
    --The road to hell is paved with good intentions.--