Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hilary Clinton - First Female President?

Well at least it will be "her dress" being sent to the cleaners this time...
    Oh yeah forgot, can't see Obama getting too many votes, people still have this thing with names...."Osama" vs "Obama", really now......ya think...
    Last edited by dalek; January 22nd, 2007 at 05:18 PM.
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

I wouldn't vote for her but it would be interesting to have a female president.

I kind of doubt it, but IF it happens, I'm warning our UK forum members, I'm moving there.
    Doesn't seem like any of you are really even giving her a chance. She's been a fine senator here in New York and has a lot of support with two landslide victories. My only fear is that she might have been holding back her "bad" side of politics to gain public support for her presidential campaign, so I'm curious if she'll be a good president the second term. I would like to see her as president, her or Obama, I think one of those will be president because they already have a lot of backing based on superficial terms (sex and race) and will draw more support with their political ideas.
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

I have given her a chance, I've listened to what comes from her mouth. She's like many dems, a demogogue. She says what she knows people want to hear, and let the truth be damned.

I take it you're a Republican. Well, I don't favor parties I favor politicians individually.

She says what she knows people want to hear, and let the truth be damned.
    I think that can be said for every politician, but she delivers results that the PEOPLE want whether she has a hidden agenda with these results or not (e.g. getting re-elected for a second term in the White House if she makes it) it still favors the country as a whole just don't vote for her a second term.

Also, being the first female president will be more than enough pressure for her to be a good president. She is the one who will be basically showing if females will make a good president. If she is a bad president she will be used in phrases worldwide as an example with comments like "Just look at what happened with Hillary."

NOTE: I'm not saying all female presidents will be like her, but her presidency will sway votes across the nation for future female hopefuls (Positively or negatively).
    WARNING: THIS SIGNATURE IS SHAREWARE PLEASE REGISTER THIS SIGNATURE BY SENDING ME MONEY TO SEE THE COMPLETE SIGNATURE!

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    But wasnt the votes rigged with BUSH vs ALgore. Watched a documentary which explained black people voting for algore etc etc however they were sent away because they didnt have the correct documentation.

Just a documentary so dont flame me

It was also banned in the USA to my knowledge.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I'm not a republican, I actually have no party affiliation. I think the closest to what I believe would be libertarian, but I'm definitely diametrically opposed to the democrapic party.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    In the end we will, as we usually have to do, choose the lesser of evils. Can Hillary win? The answer lies in who is running against her. She will raise enough money to go the distance. I figure she'll have the dems nomination.

If the same tired old crew are running, she probably will win.

I'd like Obama, I don't think he's "matured" enough, that however may be his strongest asset.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Well I think Hillary's asset is how much people recognize her. Some people (my parents included) vote just to vote, because it's the 'moral' thing to do and Hillary is recognized nationwide by most non-ignorant citizens so when people see her name on the voting ballot and other people who they do not recognize they will go for her. I would like to see a debate between the two though.

Up here we have our own idiots to choose from, but if I were down there, I wouldn't hesitate to vote for Jesse The Man Ventura, I mean what with Ex Hollywood actors (Rayguns) and other nincompoops, how bad off can you be.

So getting Hillary in, is of enormous entertainment value, and should be considered so all of the left wing nutjobs in Hollywood will have someone to look up to, I mean they looooved Bill...like I said we have our own idiots but at least we have more then 2 choices, and slowly but surely the diehard old boy's network of Liberals and Conservatives are disappearing and the new parties on the horizon will be green in appearance.

It is a sad day when politicians are selected and elected on perception and not sbstance, so he looks okay or he is a she or a person of colour, should it really matter, it's the platform they put forth that should get them elected or tossed out...same goes with our idiots up North, I feel there is so much apathy towards politicians now that, in a few years, they will be elected by default, cause no one showed up to vote...scary.....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson