Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Iraq, G. dub, and the long arm of the Army Reserve

I should've expected it but most of you have missed the point, but there's nothing new there. Just goes to prove you can't have a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

i am an RM reservist for the uk (royal marine commando) and i feel what you are saying is very vaild korpdeath but i dont agree on the more people theory as every modern day officer knows that throughout history army sizes have been playing less and less of a role in milatary strength.

as we in particular (the UK royal marines) were outgunned by a modern army in argentina before our main forces could arrive, we managed to hold them off and stage many succesfull counterattacks. this is proof that it is not just size.

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    Korp,

If you argue on the same point, you will not convince anyone of your viewpoint.

While you bash senators and congresspeople I notice you dis only democrats. You don't seem to dis the chickenhawk president, (remember when the National Guard stayed at home out of harms way), you also ignore the draft dodging vice president. I find it ironic that the only true military person on the cabinet, General Powell, wasn't invited for the second term.

Why is ok for Bush and co to keep promoting this engagement, even though have little human investment (if any) involved? Nixon had a son in law in theater during Viet Nam. Nixon had the sense to pull the plug. I know, republican mindset, kill other peoples kids

Going around the world, toppling dictators isn't "right". Usually we wound up putting in our own puppet governments which would then turn on us. The only dictators who seemed to have lifetime jobs were Franco, Castro and Tito.

What will be Cheney's sign on bonus to go back to Halliburton after his term?

Fight for whats right, they really sucked you in.
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

I would have thought that by now people would be asking if a military solution is really feasible?

Possibly partitioning the place is the only compromise that will work? That is what had to happen in the former Yugoslavia? At least that way each faction would have something to hang on to, and it would make the foreign $h1tstirrers redundant, as they are really only there to take a pop at the allies.

My premise is that it is a lot easier keeping people apart than making them live in harmony together.

just my £0.02

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Possibly partitioning the place is the only compromise that will work? That is what had to happen in the former Yugoslavia? At least that way each faction would have something to hang on to, and it would make the foreign $h1tstirrers redundant, as they are really only there to take a pop at the allies.
    This may very well be the solution to everyone's problem, the only possible sticking point or speedbump is the oil fields in Kurdish territory, otherwise having three camps is what is going to happen...these people are not ready for western democracy, they are very much still tribal.If anything if they do split into three little zones/territories, this may actually make them stronger against the influence of Syria and Iran.

As for the problems with the politicians....woulda, shoulda,coulda....wouldn't be prudent...no sir..."hindsight" is always 20-20.The blame game is always going to detract from the problems in hand, it's perfect dis-information or sleight of hand, smoke and mirrors tactics....by the time the general public clues in, the smoke will have cleared and those responsible will have long gone...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Howdy,

I personally dont think we could win the war in iraq. Is there not like some 28million people who live in that country( i know all are not fighting). But even if we were to defeat 100enemies a day that would still take a lot of time. I think the only way we could win is start fresh there in the middles east meaning nuke the country(i hope it doesnt happen but realistically i think that is the only way that anyone could win.

Up here and to the west a bit(vancouver, canada) When we hear about the war and president bush you always hear stuff like "illuminati" "skull&bones" what is your guys take on that?

Well, Natasha69, the concept of "nuke the lot and let God sort them out" or perhaps better expressed on a US Marine's T-shirt I once saw: "Nuke their a$$, and take their gas" has a certain Je ne sais quois, but is quite unrealistic.

What we basically have is an "invented" country............ like many in the World today, they are actually a legacy of Western imperialism and colonialism. No account taken of ethnic, linguistic, cultural or religious groupings.

It is hardly surprising that when the imperialists/colonialists pull out of these situations, all hell breaks loose? after all they are only a dictatorship by a foreign power are they not?

That is why I was suggesting the concept of "partitioning" as I only see that as a redrawing of lines that were drawn in the wrong place to begin with?

The war in Iraq has been a great distraction while our civil liberties are being taken away!
    Here come the Fascists. Here are something that describe a fascist state.

1. a sense of overwhelming crisis beyond reach of traditional solutions
    2. belief one’s group is the victim, justifying any action without legal or moral limits
    3. need for authority by a natural leader above the law, relying on the superiority of his instincts
    4. right of the chosen people to dominate others without legal or moral restraint
    5. fear of foreign "contamination."

I hope I don't get a warrent-less wire tap for posting this.
    Last edited by MadBeaver; February 12th, 2007 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Mad Beaver

Hmmm,

I just got a tin of 50 depleted uranium rounds and a first class air ticket

See ya in Maine............... but not if ya don't see me first

I would rather die free than be trapped in a safe prison.
    Mad Beaver