Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mac better than Windows?

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    Apple sent me an email (how they got my email I dont know) saying if your thinking about upgrading to Vista try out Mac first. LOL
    Apple better than Windows? No. MACS are good if your the *artist* type. Also, all the *Sunday ads* are made with MACS. If your a gamer then your also, SOL. A lot of the new pc games are for windows not MACS.

For security, Vista is MORE SECURE THAN ANY MAC OS. In Vista they added a lot more security features.

If you want a more secure operating system then get *Windows Vista*.

Cheers,
    lol ---> MOAB <---lol
    Last edited by Computernerd22; February 7th, 2007 at 08:24 PM.

AOs Resident Troll
    Dalek...I think that is probably the funniest thing I have read in a long time

The only way to have fun with a Mac is to poke its insufferable owner in the eye.
    If you truly believe you need to pick a mobile phone that "says something" about your personality, don't bother. You don't have a personality.A mental illness, maybe - but not a personality.
    and then in the comments

Hello. Charlie Brooker here.

I wrote this piffle. Then it was subbed. And whoever subbed it decided to add a bit describing Doom as “the first shoot-em-up game”.

Words fail me.

They also changed every abbreviation -– so “they’re” becomes “they are” and “it’s” becomes “it is”, and so on -- presumably in an attempt to inject a bit more plodding, impersonal joylessness to the whole thing.

Bet they did it on a Mac, too.

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Actually it is fairly predictable marketing hype. Macs always used to be rather more expensive that PCs, but I think that Vista (the top editions at least) will quite possibly have changed that.
    Vista won't change that.. Macs have been comparable in price to PCs running windows since they switched to intel chips. It was the motorola chips that made them more expensive..

And you know.. everytime I use OSX I get prompted to allow things to occur... It used to be that everybody on the Mac camp thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread that the system knew you needed more permissions and then asked.. Now they are using it against Vista???

OSX and apple products in general are DRM'ed to death.. Right now they have more restrictions on what you can do with media you have purchased than any other group of consumer products. Look at all of the lawsuits aimed at apple because of the way they force you to use itunes if you buy an ipod.

I also love the argument that OSX is unix... I always have to ask, "It is???" I don't recall the Open Group ever giving OSX a SUS certification... At best it is unix-like...

OSX is clearly not Unix, it is a particular distribution of FreeBSD, Unix-like.
    I still don't completely follow as to why anybody gives a damn, is anyone making you use either system? No. Stop complaining.
    \"Some say they go looking for Drugs, Dirty Dancing and Pounding, Pounding Techno Music.\"
    *ahem* contact me

Hey Hey,

Here's what I'd like to call "How to keep an OS X user busy for hours"..

It's rather simple... You just take an article filled with factual arguments and then throw one mistake in at the very end (completely unrelated to the factual arguments)... The result is great.. You end up with pages of comments regarding the one mistake, while nobody is willing to comment on the facts of the actual discussion... In fact when you readdress them they respond with "You're an idiot why should we discuss that"... Yet claim they aren't zealots..

I highly recommend the read:
    http://www.computerdefense.org/?p=250 (especially the comments).

Peace,
    HT

Here's what I'd like to call "How to keep an OS X user busy for hours"..

It's rather simple... You just take an article filled with factual arguments and then throw one mistake in at the very end (completely unrelated to the factual arguments)... The result is great..
    Throw in one mistake? Are you saying you did it on purpose? You were shown to be gullible and couldn't even admit it. pfft
    You end up with pages of comments regarding the one mistake, while nobody is willing to comment on the facts of the actual discussion...
    Huh? Did you even read the replys to your comments?
    You still haven't learned much about interacting with people, have you?

Quote Originally Posted by devpon
    Throw in one mistake? Are you saying you did it on purpose? You were shown to be gullible and couldn't even admit it. pfft
    Huh? Did you even read the replys to your comments?
    You still haven't learned much about interacting with people, have you?
    I'm saying we had (the night before) discussed "Artie McStrawman" and how it couldn't possibly be a real person... and yes I did read the responses... it was all "You're an idiot artie is fake" the few that attempted to respond quickly turned to name calling and Microsoft insults... the one or two that did have good discussion didn't read and attacked based on their failure to read everything... The only redeeming lights have been the last couple of people.

AOs Resident Troll
    Isnt it funny how we can blame all our problems on MS

I say

If you don t like it...dont use it... stop whining and

STFU

Thats it

KISS

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by morganlefay
    Isnt it funny how we can blame all our problems on MS
    Nah, I blame my problems on lots and lots of people, including users and M$.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Hey, brokencrow, old chap..................... I blame my taxation bill on users and M$................. and my ability to afford ...... the IRS are just innocent bystanders, a sort of "blue on blue" but in their case "green(backs) on green(backs)"

Like they provide us with a living?...................... now, ask yourself this: "if I were a Linux support guy, would I make more than an M$ support guy?"

Where I am, I would starve on Linux................ bloody poverty pleading geeks