Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: End of the Universe Part Two

Quote Originally Posted by Moira
    Rubbish! I think the opposite - it's becoming harder and harder to admit to being a christian or have belief and faith. Just look at the reaction to me in this thread. It takes a brave person to actually come out and say, "yes, I believe in the bible, the trinity and in God". Much more socially inclusive to go down the evolution route.
    I openly say that. I did in this thread and have in others, I don't get attacked over it though. You can't make everyone believe what you do as someone is always going to try and say you're wrong.

For example, Neg and I are pretty tight friends, we disagree on quite a few things, but we don't attack each other or go saying the other is an idiot. I know Neg isn't going to just change instantly what he feels is correct, and I'm quite sure he knows I stand by what I Believe.

If you really want to mess with him say Emacs or Vim are teh pwnz0r and Word sucks lol. (Sorry Neg I'm playful today considering the hang over).

Banned
    It's rubbish, yet it confirms all you've said?

So creationism is true because even you can understand it?

Your dissing me is rubbish and it confirms my beliefs in how hard today it is to be a christian that's sort of what I meant.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

It's not hard unless you count the people who see those guys on TV saying to send them money and how everything is bad.

Sometimes Iw onder if they've read the Bible and just misunderstood it. Sort of like how Muslims of the world try to make a point of saying they don't agree with terror. Just because some are doesn't mean they all are.

For example, I listen to death metal, Punk, things like Slayer, Acid Bath, Cannibal Corpse, and even some Black Metal, and watch movies that most people couldn't handle because of violence and gore, in fact I love those movies.

But I Believe in God. Some people say it doesn't make sense because of what I call entertainment, but usually that's because they see people on TV who get a Church to protest when Marilyn Manson would play shows or when some other heavy kind of band would play.

I personally think it's bull as I clearly remember it saying that Judgement is God's job, NOT ours.

The groups protesting movies and music are the ones that make it hard for the rest of us who aren't trying to tell everyone they're going to hell, which as I said, that's for God to decide, not a person on TV saying it.

May fav band is The Misfits, and I also like Danzig's solo work, and Rammstein. Danzig isn't exactly a choir boy (Whooo, is that an understatement) and Rammstein aren't either. But, It's MUSIC.

If I don't like a song they make because of what it says, I switch to another song. For example Rammstein, I don't listen to Engel. He says a few things in both the German and English version I find offensive, so I don't listen to it.

Just like Danzig some of the things he writes are offensive to me, so I listen to a different song.

Hell, hallf my CD collection is probably on a list somewhere of "Warning to parents".

Specially when I got in trouble in high school for bringing my CD to school of Exhumed - GORE METAL.

As for the horror and gore and splatter movies people talk badly about, well, to me a horror movie is generally Christian. The bad and evil guys ALWAYS lose, and it's usually in a fairly bloody way.

Quote Originally Posted by Moira
    it confirms my beliefs in how hard today it is to be a christian
    Unfortunately, the problem with this is the "Church" over the past 1700 odd yrs has given a lot of people reason to be cynical, they haven't alway's been Holy if you know what I mean, and unfortunately bad press sticks around longer then good press, no one wants to hear about the charities but they do want to hear about the Priests who molest children...it's called "PR" and the Church has failed in this area badly. I believe most clear thinking individuals today are moving away from the Church and it's teachings because of this mentality of it's, if its not in Gods name then it's evil type attitude.

I respect other's in their chosen beliefs, whether it's Buddhism or Islam or Sikh, what I don't respect is Born again Christian's trying to convert me, because I don't proscribe to their beliefs, I believe Religion should be private and personal, and can be done from the home rather then a Church, why does there have to be a meeting or coming together, where is God's house? if you believe in God, then his/her house is everywhere.So in this regard, if I want to offer a prayer, I can do it from the loo...

Humanity is evolving and the Catholic Church is being left behind, some of it's programs do not sit well with 21st century reality.

But as can be seen from this thread, individuals will always have opinions, and may feel their's is the right one, but as I learned early on in public, there are 3 areas of conversation that can be a minefield.....Religion/politics and my Mum jk actually the 3rd escapes me, but there is one, and someone will be along shortly to point it out for me...I am sure...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

I agree, "the church" has a lot to answer for in many respects. However, if you agree with the bible's message, then it is the duty of christians to make sure everyone has the chance to hear about God and to that end, talking to others about faith and hoping to find a glimmer of interest is not wrong. There are many advantages of worshiping with fellow christians and getting to know like minded people.

That is not to say banging on to uninterested people like some vegetarian is the right way forward either. But don't knock works like the Gideon bible, no the efforts of people to spread it as widely as possible.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

moria: 30% of americans still think bush is somthing other than an incompitant, criminal, dolt. lets not base an argumetn on facts by what americans believe...there are plenty of mouthbreatehrs in this country.
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

moria its not hard to be a christian in this country...msot americans are chirstian. its hard to be a fundimentalist wackjob whos brain is stuck in the middle ages. Unfortunitly that problem is a personal issue, so quit tryign t ochange every one else to fix your problems.

And at least 30% of people (including you) spell my name wrong
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

dalk...at least in the US teh catholics are nto the problem...the issue is the dominists, mostly pentocastal, but a fair number of southern baptists as well.....the world would be much better off if we could jsut exterminate the lot of them.

it would be fully legal, the punishment for treason is execution, the domininists have as a stated goal replaceing the constitution with biblical law...they want a theocracy...these are the nut jos tryign to rewrite history to pretend that the US is a "christian" nation(the founding fatehrs, and the first congress stated other wise in national and international legal documantation.) trying to get rid of science education and replace it with biblical crap. the penticoatals are the biggist threat to our american way of life that we have ever faced, they have allready subverted the sourthen baptist convention and the republican party. you want a good read as to why they are a danger to us all read theocracywatch.org

you want to see how these authority worshiping sheepeoples minds work read http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/~altemey/ (the book an the athoritarian personality type, written by a Libertarian professor)

I fell taht anymember of this american taliban dersrves nothing but dirasion, they should be treated with nothign but contempt.