Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghosts / Paranormal / Supernatural phenomenon

Ghosts / Paranormal / Supernatural phenomenon

In another thread I don't want to drag off topic I brought up the existance of Ghosts. We've had threads on this before that I found damned interesting, and it's been years since then and I'd really like to see what people here think about it.

TV shows about it seem to be booming even though the only really good one is Ghost Hunters which features the people from TAPS (http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-society.com/) which you can check out here:

http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/

I think it's a good show and one of the few that isn't faked.

The TAPS website I listed has a good section of EVPs, video, and pics you can look through and even has some pics they faked to show what it looked like when photoshop was involved so you can learn that not every pic is evidence.

The show is actually a good one and they try to teach things like how Orbs aren't actually signs of paranormal activity. It's energy, and it's sad to see so many documentarys on TV or DVD that show orbs and they say how it's someone who died....

Anyway, I don't want to go to long on here, I'd like to see what kind of responce this gets first, so if you do have pics, video, or audio of something you can't explain, upload or link to it.

If you don't think of if this is real, have fun trying to shoot it down, but some things really can't be explained.

Oh and real quick; If someone sees this and decides that this looks fun, this is a video explaining what equipment people use when looking for this stuff, how to use it, and where to find it for cheap:

http://www.scifi.com/ghosthunters/vi...uide&vid=40852

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    I have to admit that I get quite facinated with ghosts. I think there's a lot of very interesting reports of ghosts and hauntings. For whatever reason, I tend to believe they exist. However, it's more fun trying to figure out why.

As of late, I've started to read into Bohm and Pribram's holographic paradigm & the whole idea of a holographic universe. I had a hard time initially thinking it was a serious theory but, after checking Bohm's and Pribram's credentials - I began to look at it more seriously. This theory has been applied to ghosts & paranormal activity. Pretty wild stuff.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

I know what you mean, it's something I've been interested in for a long time. Ever have anything weird happen to you?

Some Assembly Required ShagDevil's Avatar
    I think the weirdest thing that ever happened was with my ex's 6 year old daughter. Her (daughter's) room was upstairs and at night, she claimed to have conversations with a "friend". Obviously, my first instinct was to dismiss it as an imaginary friend.
    As time went on, her daughter started repeating things that only her grandmother had known about. She also knew things about the house that were long gone before she was even born. We never did meet this "friend". And to this day, I still wonder about it.
    The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his - George Patton

Bohm and Pribram's holographic paradigm
    Nice tie in with the paranormal. Bohms idea is linked to a quantum experiment. Where instantaneous communication is possible between two particles no matter if they are billions of miles apart. Nothing new there. But this leads to the idea that the universe is a giant phantasm. A hologram. Picture a hologram either those one's projected on a tray or a picture. It is a projected 3 dimensional IMAGE of the original object. Now apply that thought to the universe. Objective reality ceases to exist and what we observe is a ghost of the original. Bohm's idea is there is no weird communication link between particles. The distance between them is an illusion. Now go turn on some Celtic Frost and dim the lights.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Shag, that sounds normal at first until I read the second part where she repeated things others didn't know. That's kind of cool heh.

Sorry for the late reply, Fiancee had to be taken to Dr with a severe infection. Thanks for the replys

RC:Celtic Frist isn't right for the mood, try S.O.D (Storm Troopers of Death).

RC: the quantom entanglemnet stuff is just down right spooky, the austrailains aer workign on quantom networkign right now...unlimited range wifi...this will open up space exploration (among every thing else)..the kicker is, if you can pass the info on an electron over this distance you should be able to do an atom....if you can do an atom you cna do a molocule....at that point we are lookign at startreck style teleportation.

I also have allways found it interesting that advanced quantom physics tend ot lead to the same conclusion as advanced sufiism...perhaps the dervishes knew something
    Who is more trustworthy then all of the gurus or Buddha’s?

This is something I was going to post yesterday but with my Fiancee needing to get to a Dr quickly I didn't have the time, so anyway, check this out:

http://www.the-atlantic-paranormal-s.../lightshow.jpg

That's an actual picture!

Do any members here have pics or video or audio that seems weird? I may link to some MP3s of EVPs just to let people here real ones.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It's a gas!
    I, also, am very interested in Ghosts and the paranormal. I know for a FACT that Ghosts exist. Well Banshee's actually. These are a form of fairy according to Irish fokelore, but they do exist. Me and my two brothers were sharing a bed (i know, it was a long time ago) in a relatives house in the country. We were awoken in the middle of the night with our relatives dog going nuts outside our bedroom window, upon awakening we heard this sobbing noise coming from outside the window. My two younger brothers darent look out the window to see what it was, so being the big brother, i decided to look out. I wish i hadnt because to this day what i saw scares the **** out of me. There was this woman standing with long white hair, brushing it downwards and sobbing. I couldnt see her face but upon seeing her i closed the curtains and joined my brothers under the duvet until, after what seemed like hours, the noise stopped. Two days later the relative we were staying with died from a heart attack.

This is gospel.