Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 31 Students killed at Virginia Tech

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar

31 Students killed at Virginia Tech

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/16/vte...ing/index.html

Just wrong. What a waste of life.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

My friend IMed me that earlier. I couldn't believe it. Can't wait to find out what caused this guy to blow a gasket.

Old Fart
    Whatever his reason, it wasn't justified.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

It never is. I was just curious what his particular flavor of insanity was.

what in the hell is this world coming to.

You would think the vast majority of people who don't own weapons would be getting very weary of this and demand change through their reps, sort of if you don't put gun control on your ballot, we ain't voting for ya...plain and simple would make all of those NRA donations sort of useless in the long run.I mean why back a losing horse...

Change will come about when this stuff happens to those who perpetuate the manufacturing and sales of said weapons, it was only 6 Mths ago that the Hamish came face to face with this..
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Its a little early to jump on the political bandwagon isn't it Dalek? Jack Thompson is already manning that front anyway....

As for the incident one of the prevailing theories right now is that it stemmed from some kind of relationship meltdown or something similar. Of course that doesn't fully explain it since it would seem in such an instance dude would have just shot the ex, whomever she was currently with, then himself. The fact that he went around offing random people seems to point more towards and overall head problem rather than something specific which doesn't tend to become a random shooting spree.

This one surely will be interesting to see how it plays out in the following days and how they try to tie it into the upcoming anniversary of the Columbine shooting. I also suspect we shall see some radical legislation be attempted either at the federal level or more likely the state level, its only a question of when and how crazy.
    You're not your post count, You're not your avatar or sig, You're not how fast your internet connection is, You are not your processor, hard drive, or graphics card. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of AO
    09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

arghhh, man, thats horrible, and scary, considering its just miles away from where I live..

believe it or not, i heard about this in school today before we even got out, somewhere around noon. Its rediculous how fast news spreads.

Old Fart
    Quote Originally Posted by dalek
    You would think the vast majority of people who don't own weapons would be getting very weary of this and demand change through their reps, sort of if you don't put gun control on your ballot, we ain't voting for ya...plain and simple would make all of those NRA donations sort of useless in the long run.I mean why back a losing horse...

Change will come about when this stuff happens to those who perpetuate the manufacturing and sales of said weapons, it was only 6 Mths ago that the Hamish came face to face with this..

Guns don't kill people, people kill people. If this loser ran his car thru the lunchroom would you be shouting "ban the cars!"? I think not so let's just offer our prayers to these folks and climb off the soapbox.
    Al
    It isn't paranoia when you KNOW they're out to get you...

Banned
    Fact is that the guy didn't run his car through the lunchroom to murder 32 people, though - neither did he use a knife, a hammer, or any other tool that the NRA likes to use in its illogical "you can use [insert tool here] to kill someone, too; why aren't you asking for a ban on [tool]?" 'argument.' Neither did the UT Austin murderer when he killed 16 people back in '66. Neither did the Columbine kids when they murdered 12. Neither did the Red Lake shooter when he killed 9 in 2005. Neither did the guy who killed the 5 Amish kids a while back.

Those people wanted to murder others; in your world, they could have gone to the local Ford dealership to pick up their murder weapon. In the real world, they don't. They don't go to the local Target to pick up steak knives, either. They don't go to Home Depot to pick up a hammer. In the real world, they use guns, no matter how often you say that guns don't kill people - and you're right, guns don't kill people; bullets do :/
    Last edited by Negative; April 17th, 2007 at 02:56 AM.