Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 31 Students killed at Virginia Tech

School shootings are easy to prevent. If you see someone getting picked on, step in, stop it. Every school shooting I've seen was kids who got picked on and eventually couldn't take it anymore so they came in and mowed them down.

My Fiancee and I were talking about this earlier in the morning, if our kid ever comes home saying he picks on some kid at school and beats him and mentally abuses them like these kids go through I'll just pop a Columbine clip on youtube up and point.

Video games, gun, movies, music, none of that is half as deadly as mental and physical abuse that most people don't realise even happens in schools. I've seen people beaten badly in school by a group of kids and no one did a thing.

I used to get jumped about twice a day by a group of skinheads, stabbed ... I think 12 times... no one stopped them, and telling your Parents does NOTHING and makes it worse. They call the kids parents, the kids parents yell at him or talk to him about it, and the kid gets pissed he got ratted out, and does worse.

Or scenerio B:

Parent talks to school instead of other Parent. School does nothing but bitch at the kid, kid gets pissed at being ratted out, does worse.

Hmm.... Win win huh?

My idea:

Stop letting people walk all over kids at schools and the mental and physical abuse. I see parents saying "Oh we were kids too, we survived just fine, it'll toughen you up"....

Well those morons went to school before kids got stabbed in schools, shot in schools, and calling someone "A jive turkey with 4 eyes" is a lot different than shoving them in a bathroom and beating the **** out of them and then going home and talking about it on Myspace so the kid has no where to go to get away from it.

If you want to really solve it grab your kid and beat his ass for doing this type of thing.

Well those morons went to school before kids got stabbed in schools, shot in schools, and calling someone "A jive turkey with 4 eyes" is a lot different than shoving them in a bathroom and beating the **** out of them and then going home and talking about it on Myspace so the kid has no where to go to get away from it.
    lol, I would wager in most cases school "back then" is was way more violent than it is now. We didn't have secuity guards, cameras, metal detectors etc. No one brought a gun to school because they had a fist. So I wager today kids are less emotionally secure and mature. You couldn't even question a teachers stance both at school and at home. The words "I didn't do anything" did not exist everything was our fault not the teachers, the other kids, or the situation. Conflict resolution today is a gun because it doesn't take balls to pull the trigger. It's like the kid who throws a rock and runs away. I can't tell you how many times my head was in a toliet or how many fights came my way and I grew up in a small white bred Chrisitan town full of union liberals. Lol. Every one I knew had a knife or a gun, hell people had guns in their back windows in the ****ing school parking lot.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

School shootings are easy to prevent. If you see someone getting picked on, step in, stop it. Every school shooting I've seen was kids who got picked on and eventually couldn't take it anymore so they came in and mowed them down.
    I don't buy that for one moment. If you are the victim of bullying you have specific targets .........most of these shootings have been random, and the perp has been found to be mentally disturbed if not certifiably insane.

I think by the very nature of the crime the perpetrator would necessarily HAVE to be insane. There simply isn't any other possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by JPnyc
    I think by the very nature of the crime the perpetrator would necessarily HAVE to be insane. There simply isn't any other possibility.
    Not to be picky... but does that mean suicide bombers are insane or just have a warped sense of reality, or belief?
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

Suicide bombers are different. They believe that they are fighting for a cause, they "don't hear the voices"

In that respect you could say that they have a warped sense of reality or belief, probably assisted by a generous measure of brainwashing.

There is quite a difference between a suicide bomber trying to achieve a military, political or religious objective and some psycho wandering into a school and shooting people at random, for no reason other than they are psychos.

Another example would be the Japanese forces in WWII..............kamikaze?

Also, suicide bombers are funded, organised, and directed...... psychos are not

Suicide bombers have a specific target, organisation and are willing to give their life for something they believe in. IMO it sounds more like this guy got sick of life and decided to take as many with him as possible. Very similar ideals I know, but its priorities.

Suicide bombers want to make a point and death is incidental. This guy wanted to die and the killings were incidental.
    If the world doesn't stop annoying me I will name my kids ";DROP DATABASE;" and get revenge.

Quote Originally Posted by nihil

Also, suicide bombers are funded, organised, and directed...... psychos are not
    You just listed the plot to HAlloween 6

Anyway I should have been more clear on my last post. I meant the Columbine kids as being picked on. Like I said, a friend of mine knew them and they had something they kept tabs on who basically picked on them.

I think you dudes have suicide bombers all wrong. They are more like these people than you think. They are weak and used. We tend to glorify their actions, but in reality groups seek out the underprivileged and the emotional disturbed outsiders from their own societies. In some cases they are women who have been shamed in their own society and men with no futures. They have a pecking order over there, more extreme than our own. The glorified intelligent hateful bomber with a score to settle on the stage of world injustice is rare. People like that are the one's pulling the strings not pulling the trigger. Now what about these families that say things like .... "my son is a bold man and a hero, god is with him in paradise and we rejoice in his martyrdom, Allah has shone his light on us" ... for blowing up 10 year old school girls in a cafe? Does that sound bold and intelligent? Their son is a tool to people infinitely more intelligent than they. They blow themselves up because they are disturbed, just like these guys in Columbine or VA Tech. They don't do it because of a Caliphate. The are brained washed religious zombies.
    Last edited by RoadClosed; April 20th, 2007 at 04:52 PM.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

Hi gore,

Sorry, I just do not buy that at all. Your friend did not know the Columbine killers. By sight perhaps............well I know G.W. Bush by sight

I will accept the FBI's senior psychologist's analysis that Harris was a delusional psycopath and that Klebold was a "follower". He discounted the "bullying myth".

I suspect that it was more like a case we had over here in the 1960's regarding what are known as the "Moors Murderers" these were two young adults (male & female) that sexually abused and murdered about a dozen juveniles over a period of time. This was a sort of "fatal attraction" as the shrinks of the time described it............... if they hadn't found a partner in crime it probably would never have happened.

Now, let us consider why this (Columbine) wasn't a "typical school shooting"?

1. The weapon of choice was IEDs (Improvised Explosive Devices)..........NOT firearms.

2. It was planned for over a year.

3. It wasn't an opposing subculture (a.k.a. "gang warfare") thing.

4. If those devices had worked as intended, you would have been looking at a death toll of around 500?

#4 tells me it was not some poor little wimps bullied by jocks?

The best way to deal with jocks is massage "Raljex" into their jock straps............