View Poll Results: What OS are you running?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Vista 64bit (any version)

1 2.70%
  • Vista 32bit (any version)

3 8.11%
  • Windows XP (any version)

16 43.24%
  • Windows 2000

4 10.81%
  • Windows 95/98/ME

0 0%
  • Linux

11 29.73%
  • OSX

0 0%
  • My OS is not listed!

2 5.41%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The "Which OS are you running?" Poll

I guess I should pop in because... Well because I am the on person I saw saying this:

BeOS once in a while... Even though it's no longer supported I DO like it.

Mostly, my boxes at home... Hmm, let me see:

My main machine has two HDs and one HD I have XP Home on for Doom, Doom 2, Doom 3, Final Doom, Quake, Quake 2, Quake 4, UT, UT2003, UT2004, and then the second bigger HD has .... I think SUSE (I'm 900 miles away I don't remember if I reinstalled or not).

My Laptop has a 4 gig XP Home partition so I can play Doom on the road, and a bigger partition for Slackware 10.2.

My old main box, which was the first machine I ever bought and is no longer the main one not only because it's not even half the speed of most of the other boxes but also because monitor video card being screwed, is running Slackware 10.2.

My FTP server / PC I spent a little bit of cash on to bulk up, is running Slackware 10.2.

My Mom's old computer (HD in it went, She bought a new one and I stuffed a brand new 80 GB HD in it, it's a Celeron 433 MHz with 192 RAM, yea, you're jelouse as hell I can feel it) is running FreeBSD 6.0 and Slackware 10.2.

I got Enlightenment E17 to run on that thing without lagging somehow lol. Now, since I don't have any of my machines here, this is what I'm currently using:

My Fiancee's machine is an AMD64 Bit with a gig of RAM running XP Professional on...*Counting* 9 partitions.... Everything has it's own partition, like movies, games, music, back ups that get written to DVD... And then there is another partition with FedoraCore 6 on it.

So those are what I mainly use.

My Fiancee's Laptop which makes me drool out of sheer WOW value has Windows XP Professional and Fedora Core 6 which is going to probably be Slackware soon. (Seriously that laptop, when She showed it to me, I drooled, it's got the non tray CD drive similar to the car stereo system, it's like complete top of the line everything and wireless mouse and all....)

Anyway, She also has Solaris here too. And we've been talking about buying an old Sparc to play with.

I basically can use anything, I have more than 50 versions of Linux and BSD around, and a couple actual UNIX OSs.

I also have PC-DOS 6.2 on the original IBM Floppys it came on, which I got from my Uncle a couple years ago and I got that to run on a P3 somehow lol.

I also got it on my Cousin's machine once when he decided he didn't want to pay me for reformatting and reinstalling Windows for him. So I slapped PC-DOS on it which added to my bargaining power a wee bit.

I have used Ubuntu, I don't like it much, I'd rather just use Debian if I want something like that, I like PHLAK, I like Freesbie, I like SLAX, I mainly use Slackware, XP, SUSE, and Fedora, even though the last one there I don't normally use either.

I DO like Mandrake 7.1... Laugh all you want it was the second distro I ever bought. I still miss that oldschool Matrix theme it came with. And X-Bill! (I know it can be downloaded).

I have NetBSD but don'tuse it really, I like FreeBSD out of all the BSDs I've used, and Solaris is nice!

Anyway that's my 200 cents. lol.

Oh, just real quick, I can probably change your poll for you and make it allow multiple options to be selected if you want, just reply here if you want me to try.

Gore: You have too many machines and too much time on your hands.
    Paul Waring - Web site design and development.

Nein! Ich hab sehr klein zeit auf meine handen

Developer Extraordinar
    Justr thought I'd explain my choice (and ask for a drive to the bars). Linux on this box, also Windows on this box (though I don't boot it much...), and of course, OS X on my laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by gore
    Oh, just real quick, I can probably change your poll for you and make it allow multiple options to be selected if you want, just reply here if you want me to try.
    I tried to edit the poll to be in multiple options but i didn't found it there. Please do so... and much appreciated
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I too am disappointed by the lack of multiple choices. I voted XP figuring
    I could re-vote (maybe I need to log off and clear my cookies). Most often,
    I'm running XP, largely for 'support' reasons. But I'm also an avid user of
    several Linux distros and W2K, both Pro & Server. And I still run the "Crate",
    a Win98 unit mounted in a milk crate.
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

I mainly use Windows Vista 32bit..and XP Pro.

I do work with Fedora Core 3, and CentOS every now and then as well though.

Does the Cisco IOS count as a OS ?
    =

Window XP Pro for my main work machine. This was dual booted with FC, but I decided to wipe that and just use virtualization. So, I'm running SuSE and Backtrack in virtual machines on top of my XP Pro work machine.

I plan on getting a Vista box or two just to learn it and be able to support it . I probably would have done this by now... but I'm just too busy with other projects.

All of the workstations are either Win2K SP4 or XP Pro. There are very few 2K Pro workstations left. I've just been replacing them as I get free time... it's taken longer thatn I would hope because I never have any "free time".

Servers: Windows 2000 and 2003. I have around 45 or so of these for various services across 12+ sites. I also have several Linux boxes running FC6 or SuSE for various services.

My personal laptop has only SuSE. It was my way to "force" me to use Linux more. If I had a dual boot option on the laptop, I'd probably boot it to XP. So, I only loaded SuSE as to not give me the choice.

All of my other home boxes run XP with other systems running on top in VMWare. They are not booted full time... just when I want to play.

Does the Cisco IOS count as a OS ?
    Sure it does. not to mention the PIX. Oh, callmanager and unity, plus meeting place are all on Linux now...
    Quitmzilla is a firefox extension that gives you stats on how long you have quit smoking, how much money you\'ve saved, how much you haven\'t smoked and recent milestones. Very helpful for people who quit smoking and used to smoke at their computers... Helps out with the urges.