Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: poor americans...

Hi Aard~,

"kilotons" does not refer to dynamite, it is a measurement against T.N.T. (trinitrotoluene). The power weight ratio of C4 to T.N.T. is 1:1.34

So, 20/1.34 = 14,925 tons of C4

The current (UK) price is £15 per kilo ex-works.

As for debris flying out...gee, two big towers falling down have a lot of KE, surely enough to send some of the debris upwards
    A sort of "dead cat bounce" effect?

EDIT: Actually "debris flying out" is probably more "falling away from"? If you look at how these buildings are constructed you will see that they all have external cladding which would fall off once the ties to the internal skeleton were severed. How these substantial panels would behave in free fall is rather unpredictable. Suffice it to say that it wouldn't be like a house brick.
    Last edited by nihil; May 2nd, 2007 at 02:13 PM.

dynamite is TNT mixed with clay isn't it to stabilize?

we made some "TNT" in A-level chemistry, but it wasn't tolulene we started with. He never did tell us what we actually made. Guess 17 year olds can't be trusted with potentially explosive chemicals eh?

As a general rule I find most conspiracy theories to be quite laughable. They all seem to fail on the simple question "but, why?".

Prime example here - blowing up the twin towers in sync with a known terrorist attack in order to claim the insurance. Why? "insurance" is not enough of a reason. If they want to claim the insurance there are many easier ways to destroy a building and having the investigation that would result from a terrorist attack would surely spot any foul play?

same with alien abductions...
    "aliens flew X ly to stick a probe up your .... why?"

and the cydonia face...
    "aliens built a 30km 'face' on their planet then died out leaving NO other trace of themselves....why?"

and pretty much any other conspiracy theory you can think of.
    If the world doesn't stop annoying me I will name my kids ";DROP DATABASE;" and get revenge.

dynamite is TNT mixed with clay isn't it to stabilize?
    No, both dynamite and gelignite are nitroglycerine in a stabilising agent. They become particularly dangerous to handle when they "sweat", which is the process of the nitroglycerine separating from the stabiliser.

Prime example here - blowing up the twin towers in sync with a known terrorist attack in order to claim the insurance. Why? "insurance" is not enough of a reason. If they want to claim the insurance there are many easier ways to destroy a building and having the investigation that would result from a terrorist attack would surely spot any foul play?
    Yes, that is patently ludicrous. The "insurance issue" would only explain the apparent cover-ups, different opinions and so on. I think that a lot of the conspiracy theories are also a cover up or smokescreen to deflect investigation into why the buildings collapsed the way they did.

We all know how insurance companies try to weasel out of paying compensation? Any "insurance conspiracy" would only be to cover up the true structural state of the insured property, and hamper any insurance investigation.

The fact that it was the result of a massive terrorist attack was a lucky break for the property owners. It avoided an in-depth insurance investigation.

Any suggestion that an infidel western capitalist corporation could persuade Islamic Jihadists to help them in feathering their own nests is insane.

A well produced "documentary" such as LooseChange that so assertively states "fact" can be very persuasive but many of the so called "facts" don't pass scrutiny. It's amusing how many conspiracy theorists can be so skeptical of government and mainstream media but not apply that skepticism to unfounded claims posted on the internet. They have come to a conclusion first and then cherry picked and distorted the evidence to support that conslusion.

Popular Mechanics did a cover story on 9/11 myths and later published a book on the subject.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/tech...w/1227842.html

http://www.amazon.com/Debunking-11-M.../dp/158816635X

well steel is not the only material used in it, (which could be melted), what about the concrete that turned into dust, you know when the buildings started to collapse, there were masses of debris falling out, that covered the whole area for days. if the ony reason for falling is the airplanes hit, and they collapsed because of burning kerosine, i think concrete can withstand very high temperature.
    It was the same people who did WaCO man. They are everywhere. Besides who said the concrete and metal had to melt. It just had to be weakened before bursting into pieces. One would think a few detonators or wire joints would have survived. The spooks must have scrubbed the place and killed witnesses or hauled them off to the same compound all the people on the planes are held in. Probably Blackpool.
    West of House
    You are standing in an open field west of a white house, with a boarded front door.
    There is a small mailbox here.

The REAL conspiracy is boring. The world is run by...

The Golf Cabal.

Seriously, the world is run from as handful of golf courses.
    That's all you really need to know.

Think about it...
    “Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.” — Will Rogers

Disgruntled Postal Worker fourdc's Avatar
    That takes the pressure off of us Freemasons....
    ddddc

"Somehow saying I told you so just doesn't cover it" Will Smith in I, Robot

Don't you mean "Skull and Bones"????????????????

You traitors are not allowed in our lodges.............or so the "head beaver" has told me.

Please think very carefully as to why J. Edgar. Hoover wasn't afraid of US politicians?

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Please think very carefully as to why J. Edgar. Hoover wasn't afraid of US politicians?

His dresses were nicer....
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

so every one said his point of view,
    sure no one can spoonfeed you what you should think, and opinion is just personal freedom.
    nice to see that this thread has popped up a couple of opinions.

i think the world is not a safe place as it should be, and we must do our duty to make it better.
    we should keep an open mind to the world,
    not just to look at the propaganda of whatever media, instead we should use our brain to think and to
    decide for ourselves, and no one to decide for us.

for example, i was from the first day against the war on iraq, i was saying that war is just not the
    answer, with war you can make the problem even more complex than it is. If we only used our brains to decide
    for ourselves what we wanted to do about iraq, or whether what bush wants to do is right or not, or
    whether to believe the propaganda that was on (fox news) or not, i think the world would have been a
    little better place. Now look at iraq today it is more complex than it was, people talk about civil war,
    american casualties, british casualties, etc..

That was just a single example, the world is full of examples that we can benefit from.

Terrorizing a nation to persuade it to support certain politics is not something too strange in history.
    We shouldn't just ignore that without having the full view of that incident.
    Especially if we look at things in that period, whether preceding or following.
    I dont mean to say that the world is going in to chaos, and that bush is going to make a "new american
    century" or whatever bush and the new conservatives have in their minds, although i think that something
    like that is somewhere on paper. Looking at today Bush is facing an opposition inside america, let alone the world,
    and blair looks sorry about his PM period, these are example things that somewhat bring hope.

I told my thoughts, as well as anyone who posts to this thread. thats it
    The second step on the way to become a hacker is to run GNU/Linux. (first step is to buy a computer)
    My old skewl http://www.skoz.nl/spelevaert/