Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unable to Create a Dialup Connection In XP

Does the modem work? You can install a modem without one being physically installed...

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    faust
    Install a modem without one being physically installed!

How ?
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

Hi FanacooL, thanks for the feedback and glad to hear the problem was resolved. It was not the same ones as I have encountered before, but the symptoms were similar.

Nice to know that a software supplier knows of the flaws in the systems they sold to you, and can suggest how you can fix them? ............. but it does keep us in work I suppose

I am also unsure of what faust is referring to. I suspect that he means that you can set up the drivers and options for a modem before you physically attach it? This is not surprising, as I have a couple of 56.6 dial-ups that would look like that........... they are set up on various machines even though they are not attached.

Other than that possibility, the only suggestion I can think of is the Winmodem, which is basically a software modem that only needs a little bit of hardware to give a physical connection point?

Did someone said Pizza :) FanacooL's Avatar
    Man problem arises again and now i have seen that the Remote Access connection service and Remote Access Auto Connection Manager services are disable and All the four option of the service status " Start", " Stop ", "Pause" , "Resume" for status Type Manual which means i can't change it and it will remain Disable.......

Now what :-(
    One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man!

To install a modem simply go to control panel, phone and modem options. Under the modem tab simply select add. Check the Don't detect, i will select it from a list. Then simply install standard 56000 bps modem or whatever. After it completes you have a modem that will state its working properly. Note if you try to dial or query modem then it will obviously not work. Working for an isp you learn to deal with what you have at hand...

To install a modem simply go to control panel, phone and modem options. Under the modem tab simply select add. Check the Don't detect, i will select it from a list. Then simply install standard 56000 bps modem or whatever. After it completes you have a modem that will state its working properly. Note if you try to dial or query modem then it will obviously not work. Working for an isp you learn to deal with what you have at hand...