Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Windows XP Login Hack

Exclamation Windows XP Login Hack

Hello,

I had a security breach on my Windows XP Professional system. Let me begin with what happened, my laptop was locked out but still logged in. My cousin inputted a some sort of key sequences and gained access to my desktop. He did not login with my password because he was not even in the password prompt. There is very serious backdoor for those who are using Windows XP's fast-switching login. I contacted Microsoft and as always they deny anything is wrong with thier products. Anyway, if any one knows this hack can you please teach it to me so that I may find a way to close this backdoor and hopefully seal it for good or at least figure out a workaround.

Thank You

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    All your cousin did was press control + alt + delete twice which brought up a username & password prompt. He simply entered' 'Administrator' in the username field, and left the password field blank and logged under the admin account built in windows.

That **** is old school like Cypress hill.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Computernerd22
    All your cousin did was press control + alt + delete twice which brought up a username & password prompt. He simply entered' 'Administrator' in the username field, and left the password field blank and logged under the admin account built in windows.

That **** is old school like Cypress hill.
    I too agree. I can't count the number of systems I was able to gain access to uasing this way!
    "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler."

- Albert Einstein

Exclamation Admin Password Is Set

I have always secured my systems with passwords and I have a always set admin passwords. I am aware that many oem manufacturers leave the admin password blank. I installed this OS myself and have set passwords to all accounts including the master admin's password. Yes, am also aware of the ctrl + alt + del flaw. Assure me he did not do that. He learned of a backdoor from a former Microsoft sofware developer. There is a flaw in the login screen, but he refuses to tell me. He said he promised him he would keep this secret and at this point in his life he decided that he will start keeping his promises. Whatever, I only want to seal a very annoying flaw in Windows. And with God's help someone may know what I am talking about.

AOs Resident Troll
    Ok

so is this XP home or Pro??

and is it installed on an NTFS partition??

and other partitions??

Ya think he could of guessed your password per chance.....or had access to your computer prior to this crack...or access to a computer you have used before???

Do you use the same password for multiple accounts??

how many characters??

I am curious...what is the "Master Administrator" account??

Is that like the Local Administrator account...or a user with Admin priviledges???

AFAIK...when installing XP home...it doesnt ask you for an Administrator password during setup...and unless you go in after install and reset......its blank.

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Hmmmmm,

Yes, am also aware of the ctrl + alt + del flaw. Assure me he did not do that. He learned of a backdoor from a former Microsoft sofware developer. There is a flaw in the login screen, but he refuses to tell me. He said he promised him he would keep this secret and at this point in his life he decided that he will start keeping his promises.
    And the MOON is made of green cheese, and the tooth fairy is hooking up with Santa Claus..............

Do you seriously expect us to believe that this is a "secret" that only the guy pulling your chain knows?

Why should this "former Microsoft sofware developer" only tell him?........

I will tell you what, just ring Bill Gates and co. and see what they have to say...........

And whilst you are at it, you might as well format and install Linux

AO's MMA Fanatic! Computernerd22's Avatar
    I have always secured my systems with passwords and I have a always set admin passwords. I am aware that many oem manufacturers leave the admin password blank. I installed this OS myself and have set passwords to all accounts including the master admin's password
    What do you mean by *master admin's password*? As far as I remember Windows XP Pro has 5 built in accounts.

1.admin
    2.guest
    3.user (you)
    4.helpassistant
    5.support_xxxxxxxxx

I'm assuming you mean #1 or #3?

Assure me he did not do that. He learned of a backdoor from a former Microsoft sofware developer. There is a flaw in the login screen, but he refuses to tell me. He said he promised him he would keep this secret and at this point in his life he decided that he will start keeping his promises

Your cuz refuses to tell you? Hmm, you two got beef? I know me and my cuz were kool as ****. Meaning, were tight like that. If I knew of such a flaw in the login screen or he did, I know he would inform me and I would inform him of it and vice versa. Cuz = family

What a coincidence don't you think? Know he wants to start keeping his promises, and be on the straight an arrow? Hmm, Doesnt make sense and when something doesnt make sense it usually means its not true.

Seriously, as we all get more involved in the story the more it looks and sounds like total Bullshit. Just my two cents.

PS if their is a flaw in the XP login screen and it comes out in the future besides the one I posted above, I will be the first to apologize to you. Until then I don't buy your story.

Cheers, CN22
    Last edited by Computernerd22; May 18th, 2007 at 02:20 PM.

AOs Resident Troll
    And the MOON is made of green cheese, and the tooth fairy is hooking up with Santa Claus..............
    REALLY!!!!!!

I never knew

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

Actually, I don't think there is any mystery here at all, it is just the way "fast user switching" works?

The account is already open and has had valid user and password information supplied.

When you switch users and then go back you reopen the original session as the original user.

The whole feature assumes a trusted environment that is physically secure. If you haven't got a trusted environment and don't need the feature, just switch it off.

I can see some confusion arising where you are using a password protected screensaver, but remember that is only the screensaver, the underlying session is still active

I believe Nihil is hit the nail on the head. Fast user switching is pretty much a bell and whistle feature anyway. hmm seems I need to spread my antipoints around...
    "I have died, I will die, It's alright, I don't mind"