Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disassembly of KDS Valiant 6380iPTD laptop

Already did that at tech school :P im thinking the next step is a repalcement heatsink/fan combo
    Last edited by xenogamer; June 14th, 2007 at 11:43 PM.
    \\\\Everlasting

Sorry, I forgot you went to tech school and have an A+ guy to advise you.

Have you tried taking the fan/heatsink assembly and soaking it in kerosene (paraffin as we call it over here) or JP4 if you are a Top Gun Jock

It might flush some cobwebs out of the fan(s)................... if you swish it around and leave it overnight.

Let it dry naturally for a day or two............... an old watchmaker's trick I picked up years ago

Is it a standard type fan/HS assembly? if it is, then a replacement unit would be easier.

its a proprietary fan.

i was bidding on another valiant on ebay, but it went out of my price range. So im just going to sell it on ebay. Thank you sooo much for the help nihil your da bomb.
    \\\\Everlasting

kk Well after posting it on ebay. the next day i get a message from a buyer and this is what it says:
    Hello Mate,i will like to buy your item for my friend son as a birthday gift,who i promise a gift when chatting online last night,So I will like to offer you $1900USD
    including the shipping cost for youritem?i will arange payment through a (PAYPAL).
    I will like you to ship the item through (United State Postal Service(EMS)OR U.P.S which you
    will take to any post office/agent in your area and for shipment immediately
    ,thanks and expecting your reply.So Let me have your Full email address in which
    you want your money ,and you will be very happy for transacting with me and
    kindly include your e mail for further contact.
    My regards
    (lists his email here)

now here is the auction number so you can look at the item: 270134031015

Why on earth would some one pay that much for a non working laptop! another working laptop :http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...2578&rd=1&rd=1
    sold for 3grand. WTF!!!! its a junker. you could buy 3 amazing toshiba laptops at best buy for that much.

i sent the guy a message back, asking for a phone number to contact him at to make sure that he is indeed a real person not a bot. I looked at his feedback. He has 3 items of feedback and has 100 Percent positive.

Anyone got any advice or i dono something?
    \\\\Everlasting

Hmmmmm,

"Terribly sorry but I could only send $2500, please send the computer and the difference to: Abdul KoKopop, Lagos, Nigeria"

If it looks too good to be true............ IT IS!!!!

Never assume that people are more stupid than yourself, they generally are not?

Hello Mate,i will like to buy your item for my friend son as a birthday gift,who i promise a gift when chatting online last night,So I will like to offer you $1900USD
    Look at the grammar & syntax?

Take care young friend, the net is a wild place

i also had the sam problem/laptop. i got mine for 30$ not working at a garage sale. anyways i fixed mine by simply taking out the battery and starting it up with out it. now running xp with no video drivers btw u can get new battery on ebay for 30$