Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am sure we can all relate.

Talking I am sure we can all relate.

I about fell out of my chair after reading this. I know we have a rather interesting cast of characters on this forum, but really, can anyone top this?

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddly...7?feedType=RSS
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

"Who hasn't felt like doing that?" said a police spokesman.
    I know a guy who has axed a computer to pieces...

Besides, the computer probably deserved it...

Question

The most i've done is taken a sledge hammer to a old 17inch crt monitor and a old p2 desktop.

felt good just slamming the sledge hammer into it and watching it crumble to a million pieces lol.

Keeping The Balance CybertecOne's Avatar
    ROFL! Snap.

Does anyone else hear the saying "a computer is never wrong" somewhere in the back of their minds?

Cant say i have ever attacked a computer.... except kicking the occasion machine for diagnostic purposes
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by CybertecOne
    Cant say i have ever attacked a computer.... except kicking the occasion machine for diagnostic purposes
    Your sig says otherwise :P
    If the world doesn't stop annoying me I will name my kids ";DROP DATABASE;" and get revenge.

Hmmmm:

"Thou shalt not abuse thy hardware for such is an abomination resorted to by the non-1337 and lusers. Rather thou shalt install Linux and learn the sanctity of the command line"

12th Commandment of the Lord thy Nihil.

My approach:

1. Format and reinstall something useful.
    2. Perform open heart surgery (without an anesthetic) and cannibalise for spare parts.

3. Redeploy as a games, educational, sheep-dip, router, firewall, access control, time management or whatever device.

With a bit of imagination you can do a lot with stuff you have lost patience with?

Hell's teeth, if I were to destroy everything disfunctional around me I would have to start by cutting my own throat shaving?

Your sig says otherwise :P
    Constantly dreaming about it and having done it in the past are two separate things my friend
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction."
    - Albert Einstein

Hell's teeth, if I were to destroy everything disfunctional around me I would have to start by cutting my own throat shaving?
    Wow, thats a bit grim - having a bad day are we?
    - Albert Einstein

Hey CT1 old sport,

Wow, thats a bit grim - having a bad day are we?
    Nah.......... they are having a bad day.

My point was that most computer problems are self inflicted, and those that aren't generally mean that you should re-allocate the kit to other duties?

Errrr.............. bit difficult cutting your throat with one of them fancy four bladed thingies ............ I tested on a parking warden first..........honest Guv!

My personal experience with this type of activity leads me to think that 99% of all computer related issues are the connection between the chair and the keyboard....

I haven't ever actually dismembered any PCs but they DO make excellent paintball targets....

I DID have a customer once who was so mad at his $1500 dotmatrix printer (Big floorstanding unit) that he kicked it out his third floor window... while walking to his phone to call his insurance company about "accidently" knocking it out his window...
    ~ I'm NOT insane! I've just been in a bad mood for the last 30 years! ~ Somepeople are like Slinky's: Not good for anything, but the thought of pushing them down the stairs brings a smile to your face!