Thread: Another Terminal Services Issue!

Another Terminal Services Issue!

Just seems like problem after problem....and each of them so far have at least managed to stump me for a day or so.

Hers the problem I'm having now.

ON our windows 2000 terminal server, we have 4 local disks..C, D, E, Q.

Q holds a program that we use.

The problem is that with one specific user, whenever they login, they can never see the "Q" Drive. They see everything else accept that. I've checked the permissions and they are correct.

Everyone else can see it...I created a test user to test this, and the test user also, cannot see the "Q" drive.

The funny thing, is when I go to the Disk manager I see the Q disk there under her user account...just you don't see it when you go to My Computer.

I tried logging in as the admin, creating a shortcut to the file that she needs access to in the Q: drive, but when I login as her and run that file, it says that Q is an invalid destination.

This one has me stumped.

If it makes any difference, she has had an account for a long time, but this is her first time logging into the terminal services server. I also deleted her local account and profile on the terminal server, then re-created it.

Any ideas? Cause I'm running out.

I've searched google endlessly only to find 1 or 2 others out there with this problem as well, with no answer.
    =

Hmmm,

Is it the user data or is it the box? What happens if she tries to log in from a different machine?.

What happens if another authorised user tries to login from her workstation?

Maybe she has a different account type? i.e. she is a user and everyone is an admin. Is it setup on a domain?

you may check and see if there is an ACL setup?

Cacls /? from cmd prompt

Have you checked to see if any policies have been put in place by accident?

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kba...0Explorer.html
    Duct tape.....A whole lot of Duct Tape
    Spyware/Adaware problem click
    here

No ACL's.

Her account type is the same as everyone else's that logs in. Member of 2 groups. Domain Users, and a Terminal services group.

This is a domain environment. I have tried logging in as her from 4 different computers.

I'll run through our GPO's again, just to make sure that one is not set to block that drive, but if there was a GPO in place for that, then wouldn't the users that are in the same OU be subject to the same problem she is having?

I'll double check some of this though just to make sure...get back to you sometime in a couple days, as I'm flying out to the Isle of Man in a few hours.
    =

rebmeM roineS enilnOitnA steve.milner's Avatar
    Does the user have a Q drive on their local machine?

There is IIRC a Max Drive letter somewhere in the windows system but I can't really remember where, that may be set too low.

Steve

Steve
    IT, e-commerce, Retail, Programme & Project Management, EPoS, Supply Chain and Logistic Services. Yorkshire. http://www.bigi.uk.com

Think you may be best backing up her profile, and perhaps copying another users for her to use.

No she does not have a Q drive on her machine.

I have her going temporarily with an account that multiple people use till I get back from this England trip..then I'll see if I can figure this one out.
    =

Assign a letter to the drive (open disk management, right-click the drive in question, 'Assign drive letter'...or something similar)