Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirated Vista -- A darkness descends!

Not very strong? While I agree with most of what you're saying, it was a toss up whether I got methadone or morphine, but my consultant was going to make the strength of whichever roughly the same, ie better than dihydrocodeine mainly due to the longer active nature of both drugs (the morphine would have been slow release).

I'm afraid it does make me feel good, just takes off life's rough edges, makes everything in the garden feel rosy and you look at life through rose coloured specs. And try suddenly stopping it! Talk about feeling rough! I can stand it for a couple of days, but then it just wears me down and I only want to take sleeping pills and stay in bed. Or I buy some legal stimulants to counter the crap effects and then feel crap in turn when they wear off. Methadone happens to be very addictive IMHO - just better for addicts as it's less open to abuse (assuming it's the suspension made from methadone powder). It also acts for longer as you say. But apparently it's also a very good pain reliever for RA, and it works very well for me. But I'm not naturally good at self control and I do find sticking to the prescribed plan very difficult at times
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

The Recidivist
    Quote Originally Posted by Aardpsymon
    meh, the pirates will find this "reduced functionality" code and give it a lobotomy before the month is out.

They already have. Its been on "the usual places" for about a month now. You can find anything on IRC.

Ryan

btw, I can tell you it works fine too.
    "Where the tree of knowledge stands, there is always paradise": thus speak the oldest and the youngest serpents.
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

Well, if M$ are to be believed, this functionality has not been activated ........... yet ...........

http://www.computerworld.com/action/...icleId=9035918

My suspicion is they are having difficulty in implementing it, which would tie in with the false positives that happened a few days ago?
    Last edited by nihil; September 17th, 2007 at 08:16 PM.

I agree, it's a bit difficult to be sure something works that hasn't yet been implemented. I'd rather my copy just didn't get activated really as I don't trust the key. There again, in a way I might as well know with it one way or the other. Since it's just an experiment, I'm not too bothered if it does start to count down, but I won't encourage it or activate with the revealed key by TweakXI.

There again, I have backup images of the install I could probably roll back to if I was prepared to keep doing that on a 30 day basis.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

I came in to the world with nothing. I still have most of it.

LOL if I started trademarking my one liners I'd be a rich man And then, I'd buy a Sun box. Like the Sunfire, it's a nice little box and is actually half the price of a Mac desktop

That's a fantastic cartoon! Yes, people probably wouldn't notice any difference in Vista - I get black screens now.

Presumably this reduced functionality happens only once, then when you reboot it's just black screens etc straight away.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Hi Moira,

I get black screens now.................... Presumably this reduced functionality happens only once, then when you reboot it's just black screens etc straight away.
    As I understand it, the black screen should happen after one hour. This is for "pirated software", which I suspect M$ regard as:

1. Legitimate software that has been copied and sold as genuine.
    2. Small OEM's pre-loaded software that has not been paid for (multiple installations, & unlicenced installations).

In both of those cases there is a distinct possibility that the user is an innocent dupe.

M$ are after the pirates, not their innocent customers, so they are prepared to be somewhat accommodating, particularly if it leads to them catching the pirates who are costing them money.

On the other hand, if you interfere with the activation date countdown, you are certainly not innocent.............................

Does anyone have a pirated copy of Vista? And by Pirated I do not mean the ISO you copied from your roommate. I mean a copy you or a friend has purchased off the street for $20 or downloaded from [insert P2P network name]

If you do have a pirated copy, does it work?
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Read the thread dinowuff! And nihil that still didn't answer my question.

Also, it isn't my cracked copy of Vista that gives me black screens - that has a mouse issue but otherwise works perfectly (it refuses to recognise a Microsoft mouse until I cancel the message boxes after which it works as normal).
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature