Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Office 2007 lock up!

In utter and endless vanity. Humbleness, oh how I miss thee.

Exclamation Microsoft Office 2007 lock up!

Okay, I got one for you guys.

After receiving my laptop, I've had many opportunities to install new software. One of those, Office, I did not have to worry about. Because, being naive as I was, I thought that Microsoft Office 2007 had come free with my laptop. How foolish I was. Now, in college, just after an afternoon of typing and using Microsoft Word 2007, typing up papers for my Composition class, I booted my laptop to use in class. Only to find that, as I try to type, "The modification is now allowed because this selection is locked". I think, "Crap."

So I try copying and pasting it over to another writing utility. Notepad. It does not work. Because, it is locked as previously stated. I'm not talking just read-only locked or anything like that. I mean I can't do anything. Print, copy, cut, paste, etc.. to retrieve my document. So then I try the Open with.. into my newly downloaded OpenOffice and notepad. "The file is corrupt and therefore cannot be opened" is what I got from OO. It translates into a bunch of rubbish when I open it into Notepad.

PK   ! |î= ¤  [Content_Types].xml ¢(*  ´”IkÃ0…ï…þ£k±•ôPJ‰C—ch
    ½ªò8Õ*4Ùþ}ÇNbJ‡6äbf¾÷æÍHƒáÒèd!*gsÖÏz,+]©ì$gã—ôž%…-…vr¶‚È*ÅõÕ`¼òª¶1gSDÿÀy”S0"f΃¥?• F Ä{!¿Åøm¯wÇ¥³S¬¬¼‘*JHF"*«0¤Ãå,¢3ŸFs…`FÁùØÏÊ’Çuum gÂ{*¤@²Ïç¶Ü‘N]U) ¥“3C‚Y *yPA¼©™¼<A%f“ç%Y[§@Ç¿ÉmºÌ¨²±§Êw)t÷³qv(… %oÛêÆœŽ¥¦ù*$ÄHs7:kÉF(»M訏ˆ+
    ñìáì¹Xs»äÉg³œÖ*l}¨'_B™R;Ëq¼u@¤È.Ñü*ÜÕ~³Hwxó=ÿ‚4˜“’ÝÀ±øÒpvæ{3oÑ'M,*ëýbéÿ‚wi÷Oºð0¶ÏE]}`ëxóÆ? ÿÿ PK   ! ‘·ó N _rels/.rels ¢(*  Œ’ÛJA *ïßaÈ}7Û
    "ÒÙÞH¡w"ë„™ìw̤ھ½£ ºPÛ^æôçËOÖ›ƒ›Ô;§<¯aYÕ*Ø›`Gßkxm·‹PYÈ[š‚g
    GΰinoÖ/<‘”¡<Œ1«¢â³*A$>"f3°£\…ȾTºI S‘ÌõŒ«º¾ÇôWš™¦ÚY
    igï@µÇX6_Ö]7~
    fïØˉÈaoÙ.b*lIÆrj)õ,l0Ï%‘b¬
    6*i¢ÕõDÿ_‹Ž…, ¡ ‰Ïó|uœZ^tÙ¢yǯ;!Y,}{ûCƒ³/h> ÿÿ PK   ! ßµL¶ ¿  word/_rels/document.xml.rels ¢(*
    So I plead with you AO, how do I get my documents back?
    This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch. The beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, cheat, lie to us and try and make us think it's for our own good, yet we are the criminals. Yes I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker and this is my manifesto. You may stop me but you can't stop us all.

That's right. I'm 10100111001.

AFAIK Office 2007 documents are 'encrypted' in such a way that unless they are saved specifically as an office 2003 document then only office 2007 can open them. I use the term 'encrypted' very loosely.

You may need to open them on another installation of office 2007 and save them to be compatible with office 2003.

I'm sorry I failed to mention that I would like to get them back without spending hundreds of dollars and buying 2007.. Mine was a free trial.
    This is our world now. The world of the electron and the switch. The beauty of the baud. We exist without nationality, skin color, or religious bias. You wage wars, murder, cheat, lie to us and try and make us think it's for our own good, yet we are the criminals. Yes I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. I am a hacker and this is my manifesto. You may stop me but you can't stop us all.

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

I'm sorry I failed to mention that I would like to get them back without spending hundreds of dollars and buying 2007.. Mine was a free trial.
    Surley there is an Office 2007 installation somewhere in your collage? You can get a free 90 day trial from MS downloads.

Banned
    There's an MS compatibility pack that lets you work with Office 2007 documents in Office 2003: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

I tried that site. Twice. I click the link they send me and it only comes up with The webpage cannot be found.

The one MsMittens sent.

Quote Originally Posted by Godly Soup
    I tried that site. Twice. I click the link they send me and it only comes up with The webpage cannot be found.

The one MsMittens sent.
    Weird. I have no issue with it. Try this link to see if it works.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head

Sorry, I meant the link they send me through email. I upload my document onto the site where it says and put in my email. I get the email. Then, it won't find the webpage.

Can you PM me a plain text version of the link?