Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: banned from gamin site for server security bypass

Unhappy gamin site server security

Hello i and my son have a bad problem. We have been playin an online game and have recently been banned. The reason is for server security bypass. I was referred to you from a game site. I have very limited computer knowledge and when i told gaming site i have no idea how to bypass a security measure and we just play. I was told by support they dont know of any other way than to modify game client. I have no knowledge how to do anything like. I do not want any info on how to do something like this, but i would like some possible explantions. Is it possible for my game client to be modified without my knowledge such as trojan, worm or something. Could it have been from running antivirus removal or something? Help would be greatly appreciated as it has bothered my son badly. It is a free MMORG but we have spent real money on upgrades and items.
    Last edited by benjisdaddy; September 26th, 2007 at 03:27 AM.

Try and get the exact details on when this "server security bypass" was meant to have happened.

The owners of the site obviously have access to the log's for the server, so they should be able to provide the exact details on when this event happened.

Then it's just a matter of working out whom was on the computer playing this game at that particular time.

I am thinking that maybe someone has been using a Bot while playing the game, and has been caught out.

i am interested to know what the name of this game is also?

The game is Last Chaos and the GM and support is being very unhelpful. I was on computer and would not have any idea how to use a bot im not computer savy. Could the problem come from antivirus, trojan, worm removing software that found problem. Im really clueless about situation and they will not give me further details. They will not give any details other then server security bypass and that only way they know of you can do that is through modify game client. The company is Aeria games and i cant find any info about company anywhere or on Better Business Bureua. Any possible explantions helpful. Thank you.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by benjisdaddy
    The game is Last Chaos and the GM and support is being very unhelpful. I was on computer and would not have any idea how to use a bot im not computer savy. Could the problem come from antivirus, trojan, worm removing software that found problem. Im really clueless about situation and they will not give me further details. They will not give any details other then server security bypass and that only way they know of you can do that is through modify game client. The company is Aeria games and i cant find any info about company anywhere or on Better Business Bureua. Any possible explantions helpful. Thank you.
    I take it that they where using that nprotect game guard app like they are for project torque.?

{I'm addicted to project torque. }

Anyhow i know that if the nprotect picks up any trainers, bot's hacks etc that is in it's definition database, then it will automatically lock you out.

Thus i am still suspecting that either yourself or your son, was using some sort of Bot, or trainer while playing the game.

It would not of being caused by your AntiVirus program, or removing programs etc.
    and that only way they know of you can do that is through modify game client.
    Using a Bot or a trainer will modify the game client while the game is in use.
    Thus that is what they most likely mean by modify'ng the game client.

As you stated in your first post.

Help would be greatly appreciated as it has bothered my son badly.
    Maybe there is a reason in why it is bothering him badly.
    Last edited by t34b4g5; September 26th, 2007 at 05:25 AM.

If your thinkin my son might have done something thats funny hes freakin 7 years old and have not modified any game clinet but thatnks

Ninja Code Monkey
    Most games have legalese in their EULA's against modifying the client software and occasionally take action against players who they may believe have done it. Many games also have incompetent GM and other staff that can get a little ban happy at times.

They could be checking for modifications any number of ways. Theoretically issues such as regular file system corruption, corruption on the wire, malware, etc could make such checks fail and be logged in some way (developers are lazy and like to do a simple md5 check on the files for version control). I don't know of many games that actually send that kind of data back to the server...but who knows.

It could be someone else was impersonating you/your son or accessed one of your accounts via a modified client and was screwing around. It could be that you or your son might have mentioned some minor change to the client on a message board and they are trying to nail you for that (even changing art or text files can be interpreted as a client modification). Maybe they just don't like you...
    "When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Erasmus
    "There is no programming language, no matter how structured, that will prevent programmers from writing bad programs." - L. Flon
    "Mischief my ass, you are an unethical moron." - chsh
    Blog of X

Just Another Geek
    If your thinkin my son might have done something thats funny hes freakin 7 years old and have not modified any game clinet but thatnks
    I'm sure they're not implying your son installed something nefarious intentionally. He is however the perfect candidate to be socially engineered into downloading and installing a game "enhancement" that's actually a bot and/or a cheat..
    Oliver's Law:
    Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Well there isn't much you can do. It is a free service and they make the rules.

The US subsidiary is in San Jose, California and is called Aeria Entertainments Inc.

The holding company is Japanese.

They have 176 employees and are involved in quite a few ventures including this

http://www.bapla.org.uk/news/index.p...w&id=629&from=

Company info:

http://www.alacrastore.com/company-s...ia_Inc-3629477

I don't think that you will get anywhere as this is a free service.

Out of curiosity:

1. Find the folder with the game client software in it and note any recent changes to executables, .dlls etc.

2. In a separate folder, download a fresh copy and look for files that are older in the fresh download.

Last edited by nihil; September 26th, 2007 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirDice
    I'm sure they're not implying your son installed something nefarious intentionally. He is however the perfect candidate to be socially engineered into downloading and installing a game "enhancement" that's actually a bot and/or a cheat..

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?t=122463

Last edited by t34b4g5; September 26th, 2007 at 11:34 AM.

Quite! teabags,

Also you need to consider:

1. When it comes to gaming, 7 year olds are a lot smarter at computing than most adults give them credit for. They are probably more "motivated" than by all that educational software you bought them

I remember when my youngest nephew was 7 and I bought him this FPS game. He had no trouble in installing and calibrating the game, but was totally in awe when "uncle Johnno" showed him the cheats

2. As he is 7 he must be at school and will be influenced by "networking" with his peers. Some of his peers will have older siblings?.............. information spreads quickly?