Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: banned from gamin site for server security bypass

Well I was going to give my input put after what he said to D0pp139an93r Im not going to say a word.

********** |ceWriterguy
    Let's see -

First we must consider the game itself - Last Chaos - the mmorpg that encourages its players to spam forums and other sites with links back to them for in-game rewards, and sells players ingame rewards for rl cash (nice try guys, but I'm familiar with this {lame}mmorpg having reviewed it for Taz - it ain't EULA violation if you're buying from the company that made the game).

Now we must consider the players - all "report happy", with a median age of 10-12.

So somehow, unknowingly, you or your son attempted to 'bypass security' and got caught. Did the GM's you appealed to happen to state specifically what this 'security breach' was and how you performed it?

Things to consider:
    1. Someone clicked a link and got you a trojan - possibly a 'bot' trojan designed for doing something in that game.

2. Someone told someone else your game passwords - and the receiver of those passwords used your account to do untoward things.

3. You or your son offended someone, or angered someone, who reported you, and had many of their friends report you.

This list can go on forever, ad nauseum - so you can see why this 'security site' won't be much help to you solving your specific problem. The fact you were referred here tells me that you've most likely got an infected box somewhere - so I recommend the following:

1. In-Depth virus scan by a reputable company's virus scanning software fully updated.

2. In-depth spyware and trojan scan - get Spybot Search & Destroy. Update it. Do the scan and removal in safemode. Rinse, repeat.

3. To be done only after steps 1 and 2 are completed - Contact the game administrators. Inform them exactly what steps you have taken to correct the issue. Ask your account be reinstated with password reset by them.

Good luck to you, and greetings to all my old buds. Glad I was in here bored today.
    Last edited by |3lack|ce; October 3rd, 2007 at 05:15 PM.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

From http://forums.aeriagames.com/viewtopic.php?p=247131&sid=d9be890af41cf1152030e4b43a3b6e29

benjismom
    Rank 0

Merac jail fix
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Asosia im in BENJISDADDY and LILBENJI family and they were banned for modified client. DO NOT USE merac jail fix you will be banned permanently. If anyone has played in game with benjisdaddy and LilBenji know they are helpful well liked and NOT freaking hackers. This was a family game to us and have been banned.

09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

********** |ceWriterguy
    Further perusing that same forum I found this 'gem' -

The best solution is to uninstall the client, and download the most current version. The current client was updated 6/21 and has this fix, as well as others.

There is no known problem with the workaround fix available for download. People suggesting otherwise are just making up horror stories to scare others.
    Ok, so now you know the fix - after doing this appeal your case to the game admins as politely and coherently as possible, and show them where you've spent rl cash buying things from them. Since so many were banned and Aeria's numbers suck anyway, and money talks, they'll most likely reinstate you.
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

It isn't a trainer or a bot. It is/was an unofficial bugfix..............

I quote one of their moderators:

[QUOTE]I'm not certain what the cause of the rash of bans is, and whether or not it's related to the merac fix posted on the forums (though GMs have stated it is a separate issue)[/(QUOTE]

Response from player:

Iakashel -- did the GMs tell you what the separate issue is for the rash of bans?

my account was perm. banned after the server crash sunday [My comments in blue Itallics: kinda strange that huh?] due to modified client and i have never download the prision fix...

i have never downloaded anything but the game itself and the tuesday weekly patch updates. [Hmmm, "patch Tuesday", sounds kinda familiar?]

thanks,

bill
    Response from Moderator:

Bill, the only information I have is that the GMs found something (what specifically I'm not certain, perhaps irregularities in client/server communication [As might happen when the server crashes?]) pertaining to specific accounts [Might just be ones that were logged in when the server crashed, or were performing a specific task at the time?] that they can only explain as modified clients [They are currently updating their resumes, and are confident that there are still opportunities in the burger flipping sector]. I know you're not the only one attempting to find an answer to the banned accounts. I'm keeping my ears open, and if I find out anything, I'll hunt these posts down and share. At the moment, all I have to offer are my best wishes that it's resolved to everyone's satisfaction.
    [The last two sentences would be amusing if they were not so sad?]

And then the trail goes cold......................

1. This is not a single account incident.
    2. Those supposedly in charge have no idea of why this is happening.
    3. They couldn't run a piss-up in a brewery
    4. If this were a trainer or bot problem, it would be all over the net............ it isn't!

Looks like your gamer dad gave up after going pissy on you guys.

This made for an interesting read nonetheless.