Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The Official AO NFL Chit-Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spyder32
    Ouroboros: Sorry, you guys barely lost. Couple crucial interceptions there.. blah. But the season isn't over, especially for you guys.. you guys are doing good, and will probably be in the playoffs.
    I wish I could share that optimism. One more almost assured win vs. the Vikings, otherwise we've got Dallas, the Chargers, and the Packers twice. Considering that I live in Packer country, that's going to be miserable. I don't know how they're doing it, but they are a juggernaut this year. They couldn't do it without Favre, however, that guy is just plain amazing.

I really don't see anyone getting in the Pats way. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see them go 19-0 this year.

O
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Question for all: Do you think the Pats are being unsportsmanlike by leaving in the starting line when they are way ahead and run up the score?

My thought (non bias Pats fan) When the Patriots were winning most of there games by a field goal, no one gave them any credit as being a great team, because they weren't putting up huge numbers and blowing away the other teams. Now that they are doing what the critics said they should be doing if they where a great team, they become the villain.
    Last edited by MadBeaver; November 21st, 2007 at 01:21 PM.
    Mad Beaver

Hah!

Question for all: Do you think the Pats are being unsportsmanlike by leaving in the starting line when they are way ahead and run up the score?
    Even I can answer that. The only think unsportsmanlike about any competitive sport is losing.

And to all you bar-room quarterbacks out there:

Fans don't go to see a good game............ they go to see their team win

True enthusiasts of a sport tend to be non-partisan.

Ouro: Your team might not make the playoffs because the two wildcards will probably be in the NFC East, but your team bounced back huge. And Calvin Johnson will be a serious star.. you guys will be fine, especially next year.

As for the Pats running up the score: They're mad. They didnt win it all last year and came close.. people accused them of cheating aswell. They're mad, thats all. Is it unsportsmanlike? Yes.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Quote Originally Posted by MadBeaver
    Nope. The bottom line to me is this: They are professional sportsmen. They are paid to win. To what extreme they do that (running up the score) is academic, IMO.

O
    "entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem"

"entities should not be multiplied beyond necessity."

-Occam's Razor

Greetings AO'ers. Spyder here, up late at 1:30am and an interesting idea came to me while bored on AO.
    That's late? Try 5.45 am! That's the time now and I'm still up!
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature

Moira: All nighters are common theme for me, sorry.. that doesn't impress me much :-P
    Space For Rent.. =]

Running up the score is not unsportsman like, as John Madden himself said, if the other team don't like the opponents running up the score...then do something about it, the defence should step up and stop the other team...too much whining...a good whipping is good for the losers now and then, smartens them up..unless your Miami...
    PC Registered user # 2,336,789,457...

"When the water reaches the upper level, follow the rats."
    Claude Swanson

The way the Pats are playing right now they would have to lay down on the field to keep from scoring.

Superbowl picks anyone? I say Patriots vs Cowboys.

Who has a chance to challenge the Pats? Colts fell down...can the Steelers beat them? Depends which team of the Steelers show up IMO.

Moira: All nighters are common theme for me, sorry.. that doesn't impress me much :-P
    Turned into 6.30 am, read in bed till 7 am and got up again at 9 am. Survived till around 3 pm the following day, then slept right through
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature