Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official AO NFL Chit-Chat Thread

Post The Official AO NFL Chit-Chat Thread

Greetings AO'ers. Spyder here, up late at 1:30am and an interesting idea came to me while bored on AO. I figured I'd start a thread in GCC for people to discuss the NFL (the National Football League, for those not understanding what this is about). The NFL (for the truly clueless) is an American Football League that sports, erm.. American Football.

Anyways, I just wanted to kinda poll AO'ers and ask what their favorite team was, why, thoughts on this season, etc. To get the ball started, my favorite team is the Philadelphia Eagles. I know, horrible season this year.. blah. So let's discuss YOUR team.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Hey, don't be too down on yourself... I am originally from MO, so I am a Chiefs fan. I think they are 4-4, and Larry Johnson just sprained his right foot last week. He was our only hope... Holmes is too old, and Trent Green needs at least a minute and a half in the pocket to make a decision... so without LJ to hand off to, it is all over... and this would have to be the week we play Denver.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Yeah, but you guys still have a major shot to win your division, considering its one of the weakest in the league. You play Denver today, and you guys are heavily favored to win, even without LJ. I think KC desperately needs to pickup a number one wideout in the offseason. Tony Gonzalez is top5 current tight ends, but you need a WR who strikes fear into defenses to help him and LJ. Regardless, Chiefs have a MUCH better shot at the playoffs than the Eagles. Anyone else have a favorite team, thoughts, etc?
    Space For Rent.. =]

As much as I want to believe that the Giants have a shot, it looks like it's going to be between the Colts and the Pats. I don't see anybody else really challenging those two teams unless they suffer injury.

The Giants? Blah. They're the second best team in the NFC East, probably the 3rd or 4th best team in the NFC. Now being how the AFC is MUCH stronger than the NFC, that means the Giants are like bottom Top 10 in the league. If ANY team can challenge the Colts or the Pats, its the Cowboys.. who ARE the best team in the NFC (sadly). Green Bay is the 2nd best team in NFC, but definitely couldn't challenge either one.

All of this is feudal though, because New England will sadly win the Superbowl this year.
    Space For Rent.. =]

We'll see, in just over four hours.

Looks as if the Giants and the Chiefs lost... while the Eagles won... congrats Spyder32... I didn't get to watch the Chiefs... I live in the wrong part of the country for that, and I am too cheap for cable... but perhaps it is better that I didn't watch them... I instead had to sit through the falcons and the panthers... yippie...
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

Yeah, Eli and Jacobs both had bad showings today, they proved they're not ready for prime time yet. Having tiki in the backfield would have made a difference in a game like this. They were never able to really establish the running game, and Jacobs looked especially slow today hitting holes and never turned it outside when he should have

westin: Haha, thanks. McNabb under scrutiny comes out and has an amazing performance.

JPNYC: Tiki wouldn't have made a difference, at all. Brandon Jacobs went 23rushes for 95 yards, which isn't bad. And hes not a "turn it outside" running back. He's way too big to do things like that, he did exactly what he should do and play to his style, which got pretty good yardage. The reason you guys lost (other than the Cowboys flat out being the better team and the best in the NFC) is because of a TERRIBLE game by Eli Manning. 2 interceptions, 5 sacks, and 3 delay of game penalties? No starting QB in the NFL should ever have 3 in one game.. that shows terrible leadership.

It doesn't matter regardless, I still say Pats over Dallas in the superbowl. I'm just happy my team won this week, and they have 0-9 Miami IN Philadelphia next week.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Hey, JPNYC. I think you forgot the Steelers in that list.
    I'd say green bay is the best in the NFC, Dallas still needs some time to develop but is a close second. And the Steelers, the patsies, and the dolts are vying for the top of the AFC. We'll see when the Steeltown crushers go to Gillette stadium and stomp those girls.
    Mankind have a great aversion to intellectual labor; but even supposing knowledge to be easily attainable, more people would be content to be ignorant than would take even a little trouble to acquire it.
    - Samuel Johnson