It depends. I loved the euro game, but I don't care for stick work on opponents. I love the fact that the game is not just up and down there, and is far more creative and interesting to watch. North American hockey is more based on playing percentages than the euro game is.

What I mean is, take a power play for example. The North American approach is, get some players in front of the goal, pepper the goalie with shots and hope for a rebound or deflection in front.

The euro approach is passing the puck around trying to set up a great shot after maneuvering the goalie out of position. Now this approach does not work as well on the smaller ice surface of the NHL, because obviously it's easier to take away passing lanes if there's less surface area, but it's still inherently more interesting to me.

The hitting is still part of the game, but players and coaches alike are realizing that it's not necessary to put somebody through the boards to take him out of the play, and very often it takes the defender out of the play also, which is clearly undesirable.