Thread: Hi everyone - zallison

Hi everyone - zallison

Just wanted to say hi to everyone.

I'm from the Springfield, MO area, work as a senior PC phone support tech for a major PC manufacturer, and have been teaching myself, and some others, all sorts of computer related information since I was 9 or 10.

I'm 25 currently, mostly self taught, but a quick learner.

I am currently learning everything I can possibly absorb about Windows Vista, mostly because Vista is slowly becoming a more and more common OS.

I'm hoping that I can learn some nice tricks, or just good troubleshooting tips as far as security or other various issues by being apart of the community here.

Hi there, glad to have you onboard

AOs Resident Troll
    Welcome zallison

From the couple of posts you have made...you appear to know alot more about Vista then most of us....

Which will be a great asset to the site...seeing I ama gonna have to switch one day

MLF
    How people treat you is their karma- how you react is yours-Wayne Dyer

It'll be a while before I switch to Vista - MS would want to get it's asse in gear before then do away with XP or they will loose a lot more users to *nix.

Oh an welcome.

Welcome to AntiOnline.
    Space For Rent.. =]

Thanks

I really appreciate the welcomes.

Actually, I had known of the site for a couple years now, I don't know if he still checks the site, but my Dad is actually the user "aeallison"

He had tried to get me into the site a while back, but I was working in poultry processing and anything computer related was just a punch in the stomach, felt like I was rotting away at that poultry facility.

I feel so much better about life and myself in general now that I'm back into PC support, and the fact that I timed my transition into Vista when it was still new and buggy (more so than and Windows release lol) let me figure out what I truly like about Vista.

I like to watch that Apple commercial that makes fun of UAC. It brings a tear to my eye everytime because it is so true.

Welcome to AO... The best trick I have learned with Vista is FDISK hehe. My suggestion is to look at tweaking guides and learn the services that are required for Vista as well as you can. I always turn off services I dont need on xp to reduce memory/cpu usage and I think it is a good practice if you know what you are doing...