Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: IRC

"O, I met with Napper Tandy and he took me by the hand,
    He said: how's dear old Ireland and how does she stand?

She's the most distressful country that I have ever seen,
    For their hanging men and women there; for the wearing of the green"

Or something like that?

"It's way down the Falls Road, is where I long to be............
    Lying in the dark with a Provo company...........
    A comrade on my left and another one on my right.........
    And a clip of ammunition for my little Armalite"

But, being British, I wouldn't know that sort of stuff would I?

irc.unerror.org <---lots of idlers but there is some good convo sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfeTone
    It is I who am the Irish Wolfe JP.
    D'OH! that's what I get for skimming

Ricky Henderson played for the 1993 World Series Champion Toronto Blue Jays ...he wasn't much help...but he was there.

Thumbs up The Arginian Horde

There aren't any words to describe how honored ARG-IRC is to hear someone speak so highly of us.

www.UnError.com does deserve the prize for being the most tech though, theres no way www.arg-irc.com can compete with UnError's Infinite knowledge of the cosmos.

PSSST

(...i heard a rumor unerror gives out free beer on the third Friday of the last week in march)
    --------------------------
    http://www.arg-irc.com

And by the way, they were exactly the same on their forums. I even gave them a small contribution too, and though I would never want to be thought to be buying special treatment, you'd think common courtesy wouldn't be too hard to hand out!

For instance, I started a thread entitled "Hello" to introduce myself, and one of the first replies I got was:

"I find your signature ironic."

Not the greatest of welcomes - then they have a great long thread entitled "The Future of Unerror", where they bemoan the lack of new forum threads and the lack of direction etc. Yet their whole attitude would put off anyone posting - for instance I asked repeatedly where my avatar that I'd uploaded was as it wasn't showing, and it never did get addressed, just laughed off. In fact, the whole attitude of the forums caused one member to post:

"It seems like we (myself for sure, not everybody) at UE are becoming increasingly arrogant, so assured that we are the best and know everything. It seems like we should be trying to share ideas and learn and teach instead of shunning ideas, claiming ours is the best or only way. Because to be honest, we _MAY_ be bright as a community, with a few glittering gems and a few undiscovered ones as well, but we are not the smartest people in existence, we do not know everything; I think it's time we stopped acting like it. Now this is not to say that people presenting ignorance should simply be accepted, but instead of slamming them perhaps we should teach them what we know. This is mostly in dealing with our attitudes and not our intelligence."

I couldn't agree more - however, I hadn't intended to turn this into a "let's bitch about unerror thread" - enough said. Just, if anyone is looking for a good irc channel to chat in with other members of AntiOnline, then head across to irc.arg-irc.net and you will be auto joined to the channel #arg-irc - simply the best!
    Last edited by Moira; April 26th, 2008 at 03:00 PM.
    77 111 105 114 97

My PGP signature