Thread: Re open the thread DAMMIT

Re open the thread DAMMIT

http://antionline.com/showthread.php?t=276578

Spider - dude, the above thread HAD TO BE created by a resident member.

You know, no one sees you for months and then out of the blue you show up an close threads.

What; your boy friend wont give you blow jobs anymore so you have to take it out on AO?

Wasn't it you that said that Spec "or discussions about spec" would not be tolerated anymore? Then you disappear and lo and behold - everyone is wearing fish nets?

Hummmmmmmm

Lammer

Tell you what - either contribute or STFU!
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Banned
    That must be some very kryptic tonic you're drinking there...

********** |ceWriterguy
    I am forced to agree with Dino here. Spider had zero comprehension of what was being said, as is quite obvious in his response. Maybe it was the l337 speak that turned him off, but hey - it's in general chat forum, properly posted. Wtf Spidey? over?
    Even a broken watch is correct twice a day.

Which coder said that nobody could outcode Microsoft in their own OS? Write a bit and make a fortune!

I've been coming to AO; just lurking. Doesn't mean I haven't been here, I mostly lurk, moderate, and post scatteredly. I haven't disappeared at all, although I can understand where the assumption comes from.

As for the thread in question: The user who created it wasn't making a joke, sparking a discussion, or anything that can be construed as productive. In fact, said user in question only made that thread and was actually serious about wanting to be "1337" and whatnot. Obviously, he hasn't read FAQ's or anything on this website that pointed to NOT making threads like those. I closed the thread, because it wasn't a joke or anything of the like that belongs. I stick by my decision, whether its agreed or not, that the user was quite serious and the discussion on the thread neednot continue. Same with the defense of my decision.

As for your childish remarks: I represent this website and I won't respond to what you've said, however next time maybe this conversation explaining my decision would be better off in PM's.. then childish remarks wouldn't look so bad and would be welcomed.

P.S: |3lack|ce: Chill man, I know damn well what that user was saying.. I'm not that ignorant to kiddie 1337 talk.

EDIT: Oh, and not to mention I have good reason to believe that member is a troll of this website..? Yeah...
    Last edited by Spyder32; February 2nd, 2008 at 06:37 AM. Reason: Forgot something :D
    Space For Rent.. =]

OK...for one thing nothing in that thread was offensive...the only thing in the thread was someone talking leet asking how he can learn to wear fishnets...

considering that ' wear fishnetsing ' was mentioned at least 4 times in the meta keywords:

antionline computer security forum community 1. wear fishnets 2. wear fishnetser internet online web network wifi wireless microsoft windows linux unix email virus worm trojan rootkit spyware privacy keylogger software hardware firewall vpn tutorial howto discussion download spam DoS attack encryption enterprise business ecommerce technology antionline computer security forum community 3. wear fishnets 4. wear fishnetser internet online web
    and leet speak has a regular place in the main directory:

http://antionline.com/jargon/
    Jargon - AntiOnline's Distribution Of The wear fishnetser Jargon Files

it shouldn't surprise anyone that people come here assuming that AO is a place they think likes to teach wear fishnetsing and speak leet.

You don't want them coming then change your search term terminology.

........................................................................................

And what is with this ' wear fishnets ' ...it makes AO look moronic...one day you can't do enough to get rid of Spec then the next day you're catering to his whims...
    ha, ha, it was funny...for about 5 minutes...now it just makes you look stupid.

Has AO really fallen that far downhill that you're kissing Spec's butt...and making yourself look the fools?
    I'll bet he sits at home laughin' his butt off at you for even doing it.

............................................................................................

The fact is...the OP did not ask to wear fishnets into his girlfriends computer, or how he can circumvent his schools blocks...

all he did was make a statement in leet speak...and ask how he can learn to wear fishnets...

I don't see where either of those would constitute the closing of the thread...maybe a PM suggesting he not speak leet...

but there was nothing inappropriate about his language or his statements...there was nothing rude, offensive, or illegal...in this case thread closing was completely inappropriate.
    Last edited by Egaladeist; February 2nd, 2008 at 10:03 AM.

[QUOTE][/Then you disappear and lo and behold - everyone is wearing fish nets?
    QUOTE]

Dino~

What you don't know is that us mods have been issued with garter belts and these really kewl PVC thighboots.............

Hey JPnyc, that's right huh? the other guys got them as well?

Lord, what have I done LOL. I was hoping it would be good for laughs and...looks like it is

Spider:I fully understand the decision making process as it relates to modding a forum. The behind the scenes discussions and the gut feelings. As an Admin on my site, I am constantly faced with young ones - especially in my wireless networking forum - asking to be hand held and spoon fed.Myself, the other admins and moderators are more lenient, although we do sometimes get fed up with the one millionth "does my [insert card name] work with airodump" question. Even though there is a sticky and many posts about that subject.Point being you never know when someone is pulling your leg, being a true skiddie or just a newbie with no clue. End the end, and more often than not - the idiot poster becomes more knowledgeable and their contributions continue to grow. Or they disappear on their own. As to the remarks I made last night. Deal with it. I do not do politically correct, worry about others feelings or care about what others think about me. Especially ON LINE. Last time I looked, this is a public forum.Nihil:I gather from you cryptic reply that the owners of this site have issued new marching orders to the mods. Might I suggest you clue us in on these new guide lines. 2 years ago, my account would have been banned for last nights comment. Prefaced with a flame war and many negs.Antionline:Like it or not, A.O. used to be - and kind of still is - an icon for the wear fishnets0r community. Browse some of the other security - ha(king sites and you'll still find references to A.O. Mostly negative, but still. Since the upgrade, there has been a predominate attitude that AO is not a haccing site. Yet the metatags and search engines say different. I have not seen a single security related discussion since the upgrade, so what is the focus of this site?I stay here in hopes that management comes to its senses and realizes that blunt and to the point discussions fuel a profitable and healthy site. Catering to a mirage of knowledge and then denying any conversation relating to said knowledge will be detrimental in the end.Neg:Please feel free to move this and the other thread to the graveyard, as my intention was not to give AO in general another black eye. Once moved, I will start a new thread in site suggestions where hopefully we can have an open and honest discussion about the New Direction of AntiOnline and what was good and bad about the old. I’m sure the older members that still log on once or twice a year would be interested and even post as long as the standard response of “This is not a wear fishnetslng site – and the old AO is gone” does not dominate the discussion.
    Last edited by dinowuff; February 2nd, 2008 at 04:20 PM.
    09:F9:11:02:9D:74:E3:5B8:41:56:C5:63:56:88:C0

Banned
    I'll close this one - feel free to start a new topic in Site Suggestions (invite kryptonic, too ).