Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Comcast to FCC: We Bring Order to Chaotic Traffic

Comcast to FCC: We Bring Order to Chaotic Traffic

To the mothership...

Comcast Defends Web Traffic Methods - eITplanet.com
    The ISP explains how it manages your Internet traffic to the FCC. Sound off!

Basically you Americans have had it too soft for too long............ limiting usage, or charging different prices for different service levels is not uncommon over here, and I see it increasing, rather than decreasing.

Very dangerous to the more long-sighted of us, as it is driving the RIAA, MPAA and the ISPs into the same corall

Quote Originally Posted by nihil
    Basically you Americans have had it too soft for too long............ limiting usage, or charging different prices for different service levels is not uncommon over here, and I see it increasing, rather than decreasing.
    Begging your pardon? Can't speak for your neck of the woods, but the "service" part of "ISP" -- for the handful of them I've used, at least -- makes you want to stab yourself in the face. Repeatedly.

Man that sure does make me glad that I have AT&T dsl... For now anyways. I use the crap outta some download programs and my bill is always the same. Not saying that they won't jump on that band wagon later on, but right now it's like Nihil said... Got it soft over here. I like soft. Soft is comforting, it makes me happy to use my internet. Lol.

Comcast is such crap service and it is all I can use around here. The other option is DSL, but last time I checked they weren't able to get to my place.

"SOFT" you say, we only get like 6Mbps max from Comcast and don't for a second think that is what you get all the time. The lag I get sometimes on games is just ridiculous, not to mention that sometimes service can just be cut altogether for a while and Comcast won't give me any discount on my bill.

Continuing on, I have been quoted one rate for Comcast and when I get my bill its 15-25 bucks higher than they said. I try to argue but they say that they can't help me out and that perhaps they just quoted it wrong.

I don't even want to get started on the fees they try and charge to come out to your home for a service call or repairing something they overlooked from day one.

And did you all hear about the Senate passing that Immunity bill for Telecom companies. Lets give all those companies that did illegal things (wiretapping mainly, but I am sure much more) for the US Government a free get of jail pass so that they will do more illegal things for the government in the future.

What is happening to this country? I feel this country is circling the drain.
    It's not a war on drugs it's a war against personal freedoms!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phernandez
    Begging your pardon? Can't speak for your neck of the woods, but the "service" part of "ISP" -- for the handful of them I've used, at least -- makes you want to stab yourself in the face. Repeatedly.
    What's worse -- and certainly the same can be said in Canada -- is that many users find this acceptable. The challenge is that with so much being "free" online the real costs are never transferred to us (e.g., the cost of spammers, the cost of those hogging downloads, etc. ) Too many companies are out to do it easy and fast without providing support to users, who, don't want to know how it works -- just that it works when they connect the little "telephone" plug into the back of their computer.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Many people in the US find all of this wiretapping, illegal spying, expanded powers of the government, etc to be just fine because for the moment it isn't directly affecting them. They only care for their own asses and since they haven't been bothered the government is doing a good job. I wish these people would wake up and start seeing the many different colors of evil instead of just red and blue.

I can see that each of these changes is just taking more and more power from citizens and handing it over to corporations and government. Now even as a US citizen you can't even bring a laptop into the country without them trying to strip you of your 4th amendment rights. WTF!

Just a Virtualized Geek MrLinus's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blunted One
    Many people in the US find all of this wiretapping, illegal spying, expanded powers of the government, etc to be just fine because for the moment it isn't directly affecting them. They only care for their own asses and since they haven't been bothered the government is doing a good job. I wish these people would wake up and start seeing the many different colors of evil instead of just red and blue.

I can see that each of these changes is just taking more and more power from citizens and handing it over to corporations and government. Now even as a US citizen you can't even bring a laptop into the country without them trying to strip you of your 4th amendment rights. WTF!
    Hey.. they did that to me when I came to visit except it was my personal journal. US CIS has been given hugely wide and very broad permissions that is making the US more and more isolationary.
    Goodbye, Mittens (1992-2008). My pillow will be cold without your purring beside my head
    Extra! Extra! Get your FREE copy of Insight Newsletter||MsMittens' HomePage

Yeah they are stepping on the basis of how the country was founded. They don't care about rights of individuals, just that they have limitless power. This isn't about securing a country it is about control.

I would be out their protesting right now, but I can't afford to, if I don't work I can't afford my place and car. That is another thing the Government bets on is that people can't do anything about it because it would ruin their job and a lot more. I try to call my senator and such, but based on how they are voting it doesn't seem to do any good. They are all too far gone in a moral sense and are being pampered by these companies.

I always loved the saying that people shouldn't fear the government, a government should fear its people. But it seems that the government has no fear of its people now. That is very very bad.

that is making the US more and more isolationary.
    Good we don't want you over here anyways, terrorist ha ha, ok but seriously

it is always fun to hear the paranoid point of view about our government!
    seeing the raise in minimum wages, doesn't surprise me that we are going to have to pay a little more for things... its economy, not communism