Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: warning this joke is politically incorrect.

I am with gore in that I do enjoy several styles of German beer... and I love me a stout... but I do enjoy a good Trappist Ale every now and then [Chimay comes to mind]... and a good belgian golden ale [Duvel] can sure hit the spot after a long day at work... Blue Moon is actually made in Canada, and I love Stoudts Double Chocolate from the UK. not to say that I don't enjoy some domestic microbrews [domestic to the US that is] ... [Rogue, Sweetwater, DogFish Head etc.] ... I have found that I cannot limit myself to one or two regions of the world for good beer...

I used to like Jager, but then I had a bad experience with that and a few other things mixing in a bad way in my stomach, so I haven't had it in quite a while... My ex-boss brought me back some 'real jager' from Germany... it wasn't too bad... I cannot remember what it was called though...
    Last edited by westin; February 16th, 2008 at 09:42 PM.
    \"Those of us that had been up all night were in no mood for coffee and donuts, we wanted strong drink.\"

-HST

German beer is poo, the same for German pubs! Although I do like frikkys after a night of drinking knats piss...

The job I have sends me around.

Went to England recently and these are my favorite beers over there:

Boddington
    Castlemanie
    Guiness

Some other beer I had there that was on tap and I enjoyed was:

Stella Artois
    Becks
    Blonde
    Bruffe

When I'm back in the states though, I enjoy either Coors light, or Miller light
    =

If you go to Ireland they have the Guinness factory there where it's made and you get a free pint if you visit.

Becks is awesome, it's German.

Anyone who doesn't like German beer generally likes watered down "Hide the hops flavor from me" stuff.

Germany takes beer more seriously than any country on the planet. The nice thing about Boddington is that you really don't worry about it getting stale lol.

I literally get confused if someone says they don't like German beer. It has nothing to do with me being German so much as it's the country you think of when you think of beer.

Well I consider myself quiet an expert on drink (being Irish). You won't get good Guinness anywhere in the world apart from Ireland. And if you do try the black stuff in Ireland, don't sample it in Dublin - barmen there can't pull a good pint to save their lives. You need to come down to the country and get a decent pint.

Anyone ever try Bulmers (the original - not the Magners/Bulmers UK rip off).
    Now that's a drink to blow your head.

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    ROFL! I downloaded the file last week but only went through it now

Excellent one.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

You won't get good Guinness anywhere in the world apart from Ireland.
    The World's largest Guinness brewery is in Lagos, Nigeria.

They still do it in the old fashioned 1 pint crown cork bottles................ but it is like no other Guinness you have ever tasted, like 7.5% abv...............

Foreign Extra Stout ("Nigerian Guinness") is occasionally available from off-licenses and supermarkets in the UK. The flavour is more intense than that of the conventional stout, and the increased alcoholic strength is also noticeable.

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    The World's largest Guinness brewery is in Lagos, Nigeria.
    Really?

Just up my alley. 1 point to Africa
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Actually it is true but the guinness is brewed there for africa. Apparently guinnes is the most popular beer in Nigeria. It does pack a punch though. In france I tend to drink mainly Beamish. It is the only Irish stout gaurenteed to be brewed in Ireland when you buy it abroad. I like a nice trappist or a blanche is great in the summer. funnily enought the best pint of guinness I ever had was in an irish pub in paris. The pint looked like it was pulled for an add the way it was breathing. It was the ...... perfect pint and now it is just a memory snif .
    \"America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.\"
    \"The reason we are so pleased to find other people\'s secrets is that it distracts public attention from our own.\"
    Oscar Wilde(1854-1900)

I would have thought that now they no longer brew Guinness in England (Park Royal) that all of Europe would be supplied from Ireland? Certainly France, Holland, Belgium, and Spain ?