Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A possible contract I may need a little help with

Myself excepted, I have never known a computer installation to be particularly threatened by 9mm Parabellum?

But they want to bundle the physical/computer security into one nice neat little package to make it easier to get grant money.

Dead Man Walking
    Well, I guess that depends on how you look at it. I mean it would probably go right through the case and destroy the MB And just imagine what a 357 would do

Hmmmmm,

All of the money for this project is coming out of a series of grants specifically for this purpose.
    Why is there something about this that I do not like the sound of?

Particularly when I learn:

They almost had to lay some teachers off at the beginning of this term due to funding issues. All of the money for this project is coming out of a series of grants specifically for this purpose.
    I guess I go back to my military and armaments industry experience ............. the physical security of an establishment is pretty remote from its IT security or administrative security. Sure, no physical security = no security, period, but it is "the enemy within" that you also need to consider regarding what happens "inside the razor wire".

A quick question for you Z~:

If they don't know how many pupils they have enroled, how do they know what grants there are available?............. or perhaps that bit is where they are concentrating?

Ask them what the budget is over the initial installation and on an annual support basis.

a security camera that crapped out months ago and never had any film in it is nothing more than a bonking platform for boidies

Dead Man Walking
    The miscommunication about enrollment was a simple mistake. Not a very pleasing one but simple enough as it were. When i asked a total number of students they gave me a number including all of the potential new enrollments for next year. IE parents who had picked up applications. They arent wanting to implement anything until after this term so that installations and such do not disrupt normal classes. So the initial number was a projection of what will be coming in after everything is in place. But not all of those students who's parents apply will be accepted/decided that this school is the way to go. They are also wanting to use the work they want me to do as a sales pitch "look how secure our facility will be" kinda thing.