Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New RAM

BANNED
    I didn't read all of the posts. But you should just match the 1gb stick you have with 2 more 1gb sticks. If you get the same company and such they run better together.
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

That is a Cool Link Nihil.....

Well i am planning to by a high graphics resolution PC can you give some more links to check the

The graphic cards (Nvidia)
    RAM, Mother board, processor(Intel) compatible with it

and i am planning to run Windows XP on it
    As Vista has too many problems....

Thanks
    Question is not "Why are you Online"
    Question is "Why are you Off line"

BANNED
    XP will lose support in a few years just like 98 did.... I haven't had many problems with vista and I don't see the point in going with xp on a new system.

I'm not really sure there is a website that will be like crucial for a mother board/gfx card/processor
    When death sleeps it dreams of you...

Intel do a motherboard selector. From the specifications of the motherboard you should be able to find the other components.

http://mbsg.intel.com/mbsg/help.aspx

EDIT:

Hi muert0,

XP will lose support in a few years just like 98 did.... I haven't had many problems with vista and I don't see the point in going with xp on a new system.
    The usual reason is compatibility with existing hardware and systems, and to run legacy software. I recently built myself a couple of Vista boxes out of spare odds and ends, and it is surprising just what it will do.

Being the cynical type that I am, I inserted a Radeon 7000 AGP 4x 64Mb card. It immediately recognised it, loaded the correct drivers and worked perfectly! I relented and let it have the 256Mb DDR2 Radeon instead.

I then tried it with a serial mouse and a serial trackball............. worked perfectly........ and that trackball goes back to Win 3.1x

The strange thing is that it does not support the 15 pin game controller socket. That might be a reason to stick with XP?

In the case of our friend KK, I know that he has had considerable difficulties with trying to install Adobe CS3 on a laptop with Vista Home Premium on it, yet it installed with no problems on a desktop with XP.

I will try to load it onto one of my Vista boxes on Monday (a public holiday over here) and see if I can reproduce the problem.

The thread regarding this problem is here:

http://antionline.com/showthread.php?t=277009&page=2
    Last edited by nihil; May 26th, 2008 at 02:21 AM.

Thanks a lot nihil for such a great help....

Well if i speak about vista i think it would not end...

vista is great for graphics but has demerits (all of them have demerits)

but y basically preferring XP is..

1) XP uses 400 to 500mb of physical memory .. where as
    vista takes 750 to 850mb of physical memory

it will increase depending on the programs you run ....

2) XP compatible almost with all software until what ever i occur (Games ofcoz no issues) ... where as

Vista not compatible with old softwares
    i) (vs.net 2005 and older) in fact i also had errors in installing vs.net2008
    ii) Adobe CS3 and Adobe CS3 Extended didnt worked until now which are latest softwares of 2008 (but that i think is a adobe problem but it matters with the OS)
    (games i have not tried)

3) Space consuming well it takes high amount of hard disk space for its OS
    and as well as for recovery (but that get solve as the per GB price is decreasing)

XP less space consuming if compared to vista...

Well this are what i have figured out by now more over it have to find out

but as far as i am concern till now XP box has not given such kind of errors
    (if there are please make aware of it).

any ways if this PC which MUERT0 is buying is basically for gaming then Vista would be great. "As vista is for the purpose of graphics"

But still you must know the demerits of the the thing which you are buying specially in the case when you ask for suggestions

Still you are the buyer (buy that stuff which comforts you)
    Last edited by kingkong; May 26th, 2008 at 07:12 AM.
    Question is not "Why are you Online"
    Question is "Why are you Off line"