Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Has AO gone downhill?

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    Hi there Jockey0109

You have a valid point. A few months ago I was tryign to get the newsletter going. Really enjoyed those and also some tutorials.

I suppose people jsut dont have the time right now.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Hi all,

If you want to see what is going on, please try this link:

http://antionline.com/online.php?ord...e&pp=20&page=1

It is the last option from the "Quick Links" dropdown menu in the front page menu bar.

You will notice Google, Yahoo!, MSN and Ask Jeeves; to name but a few. As posted earlier, these are search engine spiderbots indexing the site content, and are not true "traffic"

Also remember that you are not recorded as a "member" unless you log in, and quite a few will only do that if they have something to post. If they don't log in, they are recorded as a guest.

The site is only as strong as its contributors. I feel that if we focus on the information and sharing what we know the site becomes strong and when we focus on the who is who and who knows what the site seems to go down hill. I have been a long time member and gone for almost a year and when I come back it always seems like the "same website".

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Info Tech Geek
    The site is only as strong as its contributors. I feel that if we focus on the information and sharing what we know the site becomes strong and when we focus on the who is who and who knows what the site seems to go down hill. I have been a long time member and gone for almost a year and when I come back it always seems like the "same website".
    I can't agree more. This was my first and last stop every single day. The content has changed, owners have changed, focus has changed, users have changed and the industry has changed. Unfortunately, the mix didn't come out very nicely here. I'm still waiting for the current owners to step up and really maximize the potential this site has. Many many excellent ideas were given to JupMed but none have been acted upon to date. Although hope is not a strategy, I'm still holding on to some. I hope JupMed moves this site forward soon.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

T3h Ch3F
    Same Old AO!

lol
    Get some good religion from Bad Religion.

lol. AO has gone a long way. And im sure everyone here did aswell. I looked at my old posts and laugh. but hey, we gotta start somewhere.

One thing i missed bout the old AO was the active IRC that we use to hang around in.

Only african to own a PC! Cider's Avatar
    YES!

I vote for a new irc.
    The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Master-Jedi-Pimps0r & Moderator thehorse13's Avatar
    Nope. JupMed will not accept the responsibility. This was discussed in great length. A private effort was made to have an IRC channel but it died out about 3 months after the start.
    Our scars have the power to remind us that our past was real. -- Hannibal Lecter.
    Talent is God given. Be humble. Fame is man-given. Be grateful. Conceit is self-given. Be careful. -- John Wooden

Banned
    Did I ever tell you guys that I ♥wuv yuo♥

Not that I recall.